L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Structural (Stress) Analysis, SpecialistJob Code: IMS20200203-42271Job Location: Greenville, TX
L3Harris' Greenville division is a recognized leader in aircraft modification and special mission system integration, offers challenging and rewarding assignments across a broad spectrum of aircraft modification programs. Stress Engineers are responsible for structural substantiation of aircraft modifications, including all static and life assurance.You will demonstrate success by:
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Support complex aircraft structural modification programs with minimal direction.
- Provide training, coordination, and leadership to junior level engineers.
- Generate free body diagrams, determine reaction forces, calculate internal loads, and develop shear and moment diagrams.
- Determine stress levels resulting from applied and induced loads in primary and secondary aircraft structure, systems, and equipment.
- Able to apply the principles of Structural Mechanics to predict internal stresses and structural instabilities.
- Determine/predict failure and structural instabilities for the structure giving due consideration to its material properties and applicable failure theories.
- Assess the structure for life assurance considerations, including fatigue and damage tolerance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with emphasis on structural analysis, design, and test with a minimum of 4 years of relevant structural analysis experience.
- Working knowledge of MS EXCEL, Word, and Power Point and at least one programming language.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Proficiency with accepted aerospace industry standard classical stress analysis techniques and finite element methods (linear and non-linear).
- Familiarity with FAA (Part 23 and 25) and military aircraft airworthiness certification process and requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant aircraft structural analysis.
- Experience with MSC NASTRAN/PATRAN.
- A fundamental understanding of fatigue and durability and damage tolerance principles and analysis methods.
- Able to effectively present technical data in written and oral form to Customers and certifying agencies.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.