The SharePoint Customer Support/Analyst will work under general direction and supervision of the Web Shop Task Lead and lead SharePoint Develop. This position directly supports USTRANSCOM DEPS SharePoint Site Owners and users providing assistance with site development (lists, libraries, out-of-the-box applications), permissions management, workflow design (native out-of-the-box and Nintex), troubleshooting DEPS client issues, responding to and resolving trouble tickets and customer queries, and developing site owner and user knowledge articles. Secret clearance is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist SharePoint Site Owners
o Creating sites, pages, lists, libraries, workflows and other out-of-the-box applications
o Managing user permissions and groups
o Assisting Site Owners and users with SharePoint tasks and issues
• Respond to Site Owner and user queries (phone, email, Skype), and participate in problem resolution
• Create knowledge articles based on user patterns and common problem/resolution scenarios
• In coordination with the SharePoint Lead, develop documentation (operating procedures) addressing internal processes and procedures related to our DEPS SharePoint customer support tasking
• Locus for all support tickets (DEPS, DISA, and MyIT) to include triage, assignment, and resolution
• Stay up-to-date on emerging SharePoint technologies and current 'best practices' for a collaborative environment
Required Skills and Experience:
• Managing SharePoint site permissions
• Building custom sites, lists, libraries, and other Out of the Box Apps
• Developing custom SharePoint usage reports based on standard SharePoint data collection
• Creating SharePoint out of the box workflow solutions
• Experience in a SharePoint customer support role - at least one year, more is better.
• Ability to triage, assign, and resolve trouble tickets
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Expert in the use of modern browsers - specifically Internet Explorer and Firefox, to include the use of web tools to assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution
• Experience with all Office 2016 products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Access) and their integration into a SharePoint collaborative environment
Other Skills and Experience - a plus:
• InfoPath - designing, modifying, customizations
• Nintex Workflows
• SharePoint Designer
Desired skills, experience and certifications:
- Professional certifications (i.e. MCSD: SharePoint Application, or MCSE: SharePoint certification) desired
Requires US Government Secret clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree is highly desired and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant SharePoint experience.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). Walking moderate to long distances.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one-hour advance notice. Overtime is frequent and important when required (10%). Must be able to support 24-hour Weekend/Holiday On-Call Operations and respond onsite within two (2) hours of notification
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.