L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Electrical EngineerJob Code: EEP5Job Location: Millersville, MDJob Description:
Join L3Harris a technology driven organization that delivers superior performance to the U.S. Government, our allies, and leading corporations throughout the world. At L3Harris Chesapeake Sciences Corporation, design and manufacture electronic data acquisition systems for use in Anti-Submarine Warfare, ship self-defense, acoustic ranges and geophysical exploration products. Under the general direction of the Electronics Group Lead, support digital and analog electronics design and failure analysis. The work pertains primarily to electronic circuits, embedded software, and systems concerned with measuring acoustical wave energy and providing telemetry for purposes such as communication, computation, sensing, control, measurement and navigation. Major activities include electronics design as well as extensive use of FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays) and associated design and synthesis tools. Essential Functions:
- Decompose and allocate system and box-level requirements to FPGA specifications.
- Architect solutions targeting FPGAs against requirements and implement those solutions an FPGA platforms.
- Map FPGA simulation work products to system-level requirements and capabilities.
- Refine and enforce consistent firmware development processes across FPGA designs.
- Ensure the FPGA simulations verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly.
- Design Low/Med Complexity Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) starting from System De-composition and completing through System Integration and Test.
- Develop and edit circuit schematics with OrCad/Altium development tools and perform circuit simulation with PSPICE software.
- Edit and develop C/C++ source code for embedded software.
- Perform CCA Design specifying Mixed Signal Technology circuits consisting of A/D, D/A, Processors, I/O communication and Programmable Logic (FPGA, CPLD) circuits.
- Provide system test and evaluation support including input to test plans and procedures.
- Develop the procedures necessary to evaluate design activities and ensure conformance with customer requirements, company standards, and sound engineering practices including quality systems procedures.
(refer to Career Framework)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience or a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with development of FPGA requirements and specifications.
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces.
- Experience with high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet).
- U.S. citizen and Active Secret security clearance required.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Thoroughunderstanding of version control best practices and tools (subversion, git,etc) to closely track changes to the FPGA baseline.
- Experiencewith Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces.
- Experiencewith control protocols such I2C, SPI, RS-232/422, and SpaceWire.
- Experiencewith complex block and top level simulations of FPGA designs requiring highlevel transaction-based models.
- Ability to speak, read and write the Englishlanguage.
- Self-motivatedindividual with the ability to work and communicate effectively within adevelopment group.
- Abilityto work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware /Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is preferred.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.