The PC Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance tasks, troubleshoots and repairs computer systems and peripheral equipment located throughout the organization. This role receives work direction from a supervisor on work priorities and daily assignments and frequently reports to a PC Support Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain an adequate spare parts inventory of systems, subsystems, and component parts used in repair work
- Prepares progress reports for all work performed
- Provide remote and/or desk side support to USTRANSCOM users to aid in the implementation of new capabilities, resolution of software problems, and assist in troubleshooting issues associated with accessing and utilizing servers and peripherals
- Respond to alerts when received and take appropriate action
- Train end users in use of equipment and software
- Maintain or utilize telecommunications protocols
- Install new hardware and maintain existing hardware
- Apply Government approved operating system updates and/or patches
- Maintain a whitelisting capability for application for use on the desktop (e.g. Applocker)
- Troubleshoot and resolve system problems or issues to increase system reliability and enhance overall system performance
- Load and configure approved client software on end-user devices as necessary to support access to services and use of peripherals
- Configure and maintain network settings on USTRANSCOM's end-user devices
- Remediate and resolve vulnerabilities identified during monthly security scans to ensure all USTRANSCOM end-user devices are in compliance
- Respond to Classified Message Incidents (CMI) and take appropriate action to remediate issues
- Respond to incidents in the performance of this subtask IAW paragraph 1.6, Incident Priority and Escalation Matrix
- Document maintenance actions in the ITSM system
- When required, Transport workstations to and from customer work area within one (1) business day for on-site customers and two (2) business days for customers off-base within the local area, configure and connect workstation, and test workstation for functional operation
- Support Problem Management activities and document work-arounds, and identify the root causes of problems
- Support the Event Management process by providing thresholds and key performance indicators to monitor end-user device service
- End-users device support may be extended to 24 hours per day and 7 days per week during real-world events, contingencies, exercises, or as requested by the Government
This position requires an Associates degree with 3 years of experience or a total of 7 years of related experience. An IAT Level II certification is required. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%). Must be able to support 24 hour Weekend/Holiday On-Call Operations and respond onsite within two (2) hours of notification.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. An IAT Level II certification is required. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Posting ID: 552789184Posted: 2020-05-21