Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders. We're looking for a Warehouse Foreman who will join our team in Channahon,ILWhat you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Supervises a workforce of five or more associates engaged in: receiving, transporting, stacking, order fill, shipping, maintaining stock records, and inventory.
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises work activities and operations
- Ensures quality and quantity standards are achieved in a cost-effective and efficient manner
- Ensures availability of materials and supplies
- Communicates, implements, and monitors safety programs and procedures
- Participates in and/or conducts safety meetings
- Ensures proper use and maintenance of equipment
- Identifies and implements safety improvements
- Enforces housekeeping standards
- Establishes and maintains positive communication with employees, supervisors, dispatchers, and plant managers.
- Assists in cycle counts and inventory adjustments on a monthly basis.
- Ensures production and packaging teams understand what products are needed to fulfill orders while keeping dispatch informed of when order can ship.
- Organizes external and internal trucks and trailers for efficient loading times and completion of open orders.
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- High School Diploma
- Three to five years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
- Understanding of safety practices and procedures
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual & $500/Family
- Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy in addition to 11 holidays
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Posting ID: 552789204Posted: 2020-05-21