Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator
to join our team at our manufacturing plant in Palmdale, FL near the beautiful coastal city of Fort Myers, Florida! What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Operate heavy equipment such as trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, compactors, etc.
- Prepares organic mixes using a heavy equipment loader to relocates piles of materials
- Supplies production with a continuous supply of material
- Monitors the stock piles for excessive heat
- Ensures the proper amount of water is used to prepare the stockpile for production use
- Clean, maintain, and secure all equipment as directed by management and company policies and procedures.
- Understands quality process for mixing materials for use in product, coloring mulch, and filling the production lines with materials to be produced.
- Performs basic maintenance tasks, including lubrication and daily cleaning of assigned equipment
- On a daily basis, ensure safety is your number one priority and partner with the team to identify/eliminate risks by following all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment (e.g. lock out tag out, confined space, seatbelts, PPE).
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends (shift differential and overtime available) and in any weather conditions
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces and lifting at least 50 lbs.
- Physical ability to climb in and out of equipment and sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to safely operate heavy equipment
- One or more years of experience using medium and/or heavy equipment
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Fitness club reimbursement - $350/ Individual & $500/Family]
- Starting day one, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and Scotts Young Professionals.
- Generous vacation day policy in addition to 11 holidays
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
Posting ID: 552789265Posted: 2020-05-21