Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversityThe future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company with global sales surpassing $40B and has been one of Fortune's Most Admired Companies for over a decade. Through innovation, the Company brings together the physical and digital world to tackle some of the toughest societal and business problems - making the world a more productive, safe, and sustainable place.
As a Robotics ML/CV Lead, you will report directly to Robotics CTO and be a member of the Honeywell Intelligrated - a leading, single-source provider of automated material handling solutions and intelligent software that drive fulfillment productivity for retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers around the world.
You will lead Robotics ML team and work closely with the Robotics CTO, Robotics engineering and advanced technology leaders to coordinate execution and delivery of robotics solutions by applying machine learning to perception, planning and control aspects of our robotics engineering.
Your role will serve as a subject matter expert on Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning disciplines providing thought leadership on topics and trends of emerging technology, while working with your team to grow robust capabilities in this technical domain.
This role exercises your engineering management knowledge, experience with complex solution development and implementation, consulting and process improvement/organizational change.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
YOU MUST HAVE
- Develop an overall vision and direction of the Honeywell Intelligrated Robotics Machine Learning Team
- Oversee all ML-related product development efforts
- Define & deliver on building blocks related to AI/ML capabilities
- Assess / deliver on talent needs for AI/ML success
- Play a key role in deciding technologies and related roadmap for development, testing, deployment of AI/machine learning models
- Think strategically and apply that through to innovative solutions
- Advanced Master's/PhD degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or related discipline with 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Multiple leadership experiences in leading artificial intelligence and machine learning teams on a variety of business impacting areas that enabled innovation and business outcomes
- Strong proficiency and knowledge of technical concepts in data science, analytics, and data manipulation
- Previous experience moving prototypes to production
- Outstanding critical thinking skills and ability to understand and communicate complex technical concepts to mixed and non-technical audiences
- Outstanding communication skills (i.e., verbal, written, messaging and storytelling skillsets)
- Facilitation and presentation skills, including the ability to run meetings and workshops with groups of 20+
- Outstanding stakeholder management, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Able to exercise good judgment by making timely and effective, well-informed decisions
- Ability to work independently and thrive under ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to work under deadlines and with multiple competing priorities
- Adaptable and flexible: Ability to adapt to changing work environments, work priorities and organizational needs
- Demonstrated willingness to aggressively learn new things
- Strong collaboration skills, clear team player, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Detail oriented, deliver with the highest quality
- Alignment with Honeywell's core values of 8 behaviors
- JOB ID: HRD89053
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 2555 Smallman St, 2nd Fl,Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania,15222,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.