L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Tactical Data Link Systems EngineerJob Code: IMS20202802-42230Job Location: GreenvilleJob Description:
A Tactical Data Link Systems Engineer having a system design and data analysis background. This position desires proficiency in developing implementation recommendations, investigating and solving Tactical Communication system performance issues, and generation and review of technical papers, calculations, and briefings. The individual will be required to prepare and present technical briefs to internal management and external customer teams.
- Design, develop and deliver leading edge Tactical data link functionality for intelligence dissemination to theater operational forces for tactical execution.
- Supporting the performance, verification, and sustainment of fielded Tactical Data Link systems and components.
- Participating in formal engineering analysis and reviewing performance parameters at the total system and individual component levels.
Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (EE, CE, SC, Math, Physics, etc.) and seven (7) years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experiencePreferred Additional Skills:
Must possess a current/active Secret clearance, and eligibility to eventually obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field (EE, CE, SC, Math, Physics, etc.)
- Experience with building and analyzing Data Link (e.g. Link16, CMF, etc.) messages
- Working knowledge of Mil-Standards 6018, 6016, 3011 and 6020.
- Able to read, interpret, create, and maintain spreadsheets, charts, reports, investigation and test plans, and procedures
- Superior knowledge of systems engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Familiarity with configuration management software
- Experience writing systems requirements using an application such as DOORS
- Experience presenting design and project information at periodic reviews as well as recommending improvements to existing designs
- Be comfortable handling a large amount of classified material
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) to technical and non-technical personnel
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- A familiarity with programming in Java or C#.
- Familiarity with common Tactical Datalink radios/terminals, to include MIDS, LVT, MIDS JTRS, and JRE, as well as experience with MIL-STD-1553B interfaces.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, et al) is required to generate work products
- Physical requirements: Some lifting in a Systems Integration Lab (SIL) environment
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.