L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Sr. Associate, AerodynamicistJob Code: IMS20202802-42236Job Location: Greenville, TX
L3Harris' Greenville division is a recognized leader in aircraft modification and special mission system integration, offers challenging and rewarding assignments across a broad spectrum of aircraft modification programs. Aerodynamicists are responsible for the analysis of aircraft modifications using computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis and classical analysis methods validated by wind tunnel or flight test programs.You will demonstrate success by:
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Calculate flight performance estimates, including range/endurance, drag estimates, take-off and landing performance, etc.
- Loads development, using classical hand analysis methods and CFD, for steady and unsteady distributions, modification air-loads, rapid decompression loads and aircraft external loads
- Stability and control analysis.
- Support of water tunnel testing, wind tunnel testing and flight testing.
- Preparation of analytical reports, test plans, and test reports necessary to document the airworthiness of major aircraft modifications.
- Other duties as required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering with 2 years of relevant aerodynamic experience or a Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering.
- Working knowledge of MS EXCEL, Word, and Power Point and at least one programming language.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Computer aided design (CAD) and CFD experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance.
- Working Knowledge of Fun3D.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and test methods for verification of aerodynamic loads and performance parameters.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.