Job Summary:WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network.
As the largest producer of live music concerts, Live Nation Concerts operates over 45 venues across the United States. For additional information, visit http://www.livenationentertainment.com/. WHO ARE YOU?
You are passionate about the environment and have experience in events management and/or operations. You are great at problem solving on the fly, aren't scared to get dirty, and maintain an enthusiastic and positive attitude. You are very organized and an effective communicator. You are comfortable providing direction, while also being willing to jump in and help whenever necessary.
All employees have a leading role in the service experience of our guests. That's why SAFETY for employees and guests is our first priority. We show CARE around every corner and look to create ENCORE moments of service excellence for everyone. And our commitment to EFFICIENCY, is our way of staying well-organized. So, join us! We need these kinds of skills and talents as we Create Once in a Lifetime Experiences for our Fans. The Role:
FivePoint Amphitheatre is seeking a Venue Sustainability Coordinator to help us take our sustainability programs to the next level. This role will provide administrative and executional support to drive effective and successful implementation of venue sustainability programs. This position will operate under the guidance of Live Nation's national Sustainability Team but will report directly to the Venue Operations Manager and be part of the venue operations team. This is a seasonal, part-time position. Hours per week will vary depending on show schedule and business needs at the time.Responsibilities:
- Training & Employee Engagement and Recognition:
- Participate in pre-season orientation with Live Nation's national Sustainability Team
- Participate and help lead pre-season venue training sessions relevant to sustainability
- Work with Venue Leaders to relay pertinent day of show information to supervisors to share during pre-shift meetings
- Work with the Venue Experience Manager to identify and reward Band Members for going above the norm in their contributions to venue zero waste goals
- Continuously seek out opportunities that help build enthusiasm and participation for venue sustainability efforts
- Provide regular updates to entire venue staff to share progress, recognize employees, and identify areas of improvement
- Zero Waste Planning & Execution:
- Oversee and assist the post-show sorting process of all recycling, composting, and landfill materials which will take place in an outdoor covered area
- Work with Venue Leaders to design a comprehensive zero waste plan for your venue and assist specific departments with their diversion efforts
- Be present on show days to manage and ensure compliance and quality control of zero waste plan
- Use event day checklist to assess readiness for show and adjust as necessary
- Identify key opportunities to improve diversion efforts throughout the season
- Reporting and Data Collection:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Box programs to track and report on key program metrics
- Use metrics to create engaging venue reports that can be shared venue-wide
- Complete the Venue Audit assessment
- Participate in weekly progress calls with National Sustainability Team
- Position on show days requires about 90% of the time spent walking, bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and carrying 50 lbs.+ with about 50% of that time spent helping/overseeing the sorting of materials
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year in one of the following: operations/event coordination, Guest Services and communications, event or campus sustainability/zero waste events
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
- A strong sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
- Time Management
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today at: https://www.livenationentertainment.com/careers/.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. HIRING PRACTICES
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.