Job Summary:WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at budgeting and production accounting? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the production finance space. Is this you? Read on... WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the Headliner experience is our top priority.
Throughout our 25-year history, Insomniac has produced almost 400 festivals, concerts and club nights for over 4 million attendees in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New York, Texas, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom, with expansions into Brazil, China, Japan and India. Insomniac's premier annual event, Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas, is the largest multi-day music festival in North America, and attracted more than 400,000 fans over three days in May 2019. The company was founded by Pasquale Rotella, and has been based in Los Angeles since it was formed in 1993. THE ROLE
Insomniac Events is seeking a highly motivated Budget Manager to provide financial support and analysis for its Festivals events. This includes working closely with the production, finance and procurement teams, and project managers to establish event budgets. This position reports to both the SVP, Finance and SVP, Production & Operations.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with production teams to evaluate festival event requirements for budgeting production expenses.
- Produce event budgets and forecasts for festival production expenses, cashflow and variance analysis.
- Facilitate regular meetings with production and finance teams to review the status of budgets and forecasts.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all festival production and finance teams through understanding of their purpose and objectives.
- Make recommendations for improvement and any cost savings / cost avoidance initiatives.
- Provide guidance about the budget process, cycles and procedures to ensure needs are met in a timely and customer-focused manner.
- Work with production teams to communicate any changes in scope and/or cost overruns.
- Partner with procurement to ensure vendor bids reflect the best pricing/service and spending is aligned with project budgets/forecasts.
- Develop budget and forecast standards and best practice across all teams
- Review and apply appropriate accounting rules and procedures to recognize event costs
- Responsible for on-going enhancements and training on the budgeting process and workshops.
- Ad hoc analysis, as requested.
- Periodic travel is required.
- Bachelors in Finance or Accounting required
- 4+ years of project or cost accounting experience (or similar financial experience) preferred, Entertainment Industry preferred
- Strong technical accounting skillset, including experience with accruals, amortization, and deferred revenue
- Exhibit exceptional critical-thinking and problem-solving ability
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Be a self-motivated individual who possesses a "roll up the sleeves attitude" and a "hands-on" style, as well as the aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced, results- oriented environment
- Bring a passion for accomplishment and success and set high standards for performance
- Be consensus-driven, yet have the ability to stand his/her ground on issues that are important to the continued success of the organization or even when popular thinking sways otherwise
- Value team-work and collaboration while exhibiting a participatory and inclusive work style
- Advanced excel skills required, knowledge of Teamwork Project Management Software and Oracle is a plus
- Possess a style that facilitates the sharing of knowledge and the building of teams
- Demonstrate the highest level of personal ethics and professional integrity
- Travel up to 50%
- Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
- Must be willing to travel frequently to shows to work during evening and weekend hours, as required to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. HIRING PRACTICES
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.