GardaWorld is the world's largest privately owned security services company offering a wide range of highly focused business solutions including leading-edge security services and cash solutions. In over two decades, our work has taken us from our home base in Montreal to the oil fields of Iraq, and embassies across Africa. We're also present in financial institutions in the US and airports in Canada. We operate across a broad range of sectors, including financial services, infrastructure, natural resources and retail. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies and governments with people and assets deployed around the world. Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, our 62,000 highly trained, dedicated professionals serve clients in North America, Africa and the Middle East. In today's complex world, security has become a vital concern for everyone and is the foundation of our present and future success.
GardaWorld, one of the nation's largest cash services and armored truck companies, is seeking a Diesel Mechanic. Selected candidates will perform preventive maintenance service and general vehicle repairs. Qualified candidate must be able to work independently and have knowledge and experience with hydraulic and air brakes, air conditioning, gas and diesel engines, drive trains and electrical systems. ASE certification not required but recommended. This will be a multi-person shop. Limited travel is required. Computer experience a plus. Mechanics are required to provide their own hand tools. Starting pay is dependent upon experience.
- A minimum of 3 years previous Mechanic's experience in a vehicle repair shop.
- A high level of technical knowledge in vehicle systems to include power plant, transmission, drive train, brakes, electrical, air conditioning, and body repairs.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose vehicle mechanical problems and make effective and proper repairs as needed.
- Ability to weld, braze, cut, and drill steel and other metal types.
- High School diploma or equivalent desired plus documented technical training applicable to vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Obtain at least a class B CDL within six (6) months of hire date.
- Ability to operate office equipment to include electronic data entry devices.
- Ability to operate electronic vehicle diagnostics equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- The ability to function efficiently and effectively with minimal daily supervision.
- A valid driver's license is required.
GardaWorld offers competitive wages and a great benefits package for full time employees: medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, paid vacation, 401K plan and much more!
Candidates must meet the company's hiring criteria to include a pre-employment background investigation and drug test. Physical exam and other testing may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug free workplace.
Posting ID: 552789551Posted: 2020-05-21