Job Summary:Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visitwww.livenationentertainment.com. Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on! The Role
Live Nation is always growing! We are seeking a Box Office Manager in the North Carolina region. This position will manage and oversee the day to day operations of the Box Office Department within the scope of generally accepted procedures and practices for venues ranging in various capacities and third-party venues, including stadium shows, arenas, festivals, etc., as necessary. Travel and extended hours may be required. Responsibilities
- Accurately build, maintain and manage all aspects of ticketed events using the Ticketmaster host and Archtics platforms, including programming show and event builds, inventory management, fulfilling ticket orders and requests, ticket counts, reporting and resolving issues, participate in event settlement as well creation of event reports and box office statements
- Assist with daily reconciliation, balancing and preparation of deposits, invoices, event reports, cash deliveries
- Work closely with the booking and marketing team to identify sales trends and execute changes immediately to maximize revenue. Managing inventory and finding opportunities to increase revenue through dynamic pricing and secondary platforms
- Work closely with the General Manager to maximize ancillary revenue
- Communicate and interact daily with promoters, agents, VIPs, vendors and other internal departments regularly and efficiently
- Attend all relevant meetings, conferences and events as box office representative and venue/artist liaison.
- Ensure ADA Compliant Ticketing Practices
- Ensure compliance with Live Nation cash handling procedures.
- Maintain accurate box office accounting records and archives
- Maintain box office physical operation and staff morale on show days and non-show days
- Monitor supplies and equipment such as ticket stock, scanners, signage, etc.
- Inform, educate and train management and team on new or existing ticketing programs and/or initiatives
- Resolve customer service issues as necessary
- Supervise/manage/hire/schedule and train all box office sales staff (minimum of 20+ p/t employees)
- Supervise/manage/hire/schedule premium parking sales staff (minimum of 10+ p/t employees)
- Supervise/manage/hire/schedule guest services staff (minimum of 10+ p/t employees)
- Track, manage and reconcile cash revenue sales for upgrades, retail items, etc. accurately and efficiently.
- Work with at minimum, the promotions department, production department, operations department, VIP sales team, sponsorship, talent buyer, labels, artist management and / or touring personnelto set-up events, create maps, place holds, process orders and release tickets in a timely fashion
- Implementation and successful execution of company mandated ticketing initiatives
- Work remotely or from different venues within the market
- Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours a week which may include extended daytime and/or evening hours on weekdays and/or weekends, as needed and required
- All duties as assigned by management
- 2-3 years' experience as a box office manager or representative, including managementlevel work experience
- Ability to provide leadership, engage in positive interaction with staff and guests, prioritize, organize, motivate staff, problem solve, delegate, follow-up, communicate and diffuse possibly volatile situations with tact
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or comparable work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication Extensive knowledge of ticketing software, specifically Ticketmaster Host and Archtics software
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Must be able to quickly familiarize oneself with multiple rooms, layouts and expectations within the market
- Strong knowledge of Box Office or similar operations, customer service computer operations, accounting/cash management procedures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; especially Excel
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. HIRING PRACTICES
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.