Job Summary:Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. Ticketmaster is the global event ticketing leader with over 465 million tickets sold and more than 12,500 clients in 22 countries. Live Nation Concertshas become the single largest provider of live entertainment in the world producing over 25,500 shows annually for over 3,300 artists in 37 countries. Artist Nation Management is one of the world's leading artist management companies, representing more than 350 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to deliver music marketing programs across 900 brands enabling advertisers to tap into the 63 million fans Live Nation Entertainment delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visitwww.livenationentertainment.com. Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on! The Role
We are seeking a General Manager to oversee business operations for North Island Credit Union Amphitheater in Chula Vista, CA ensuring the venue and all related matters operate within the scope of Live Nation standards, policies and procedures. Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain high standards of customer service for staff, customers and vendors
- Identify and maximize revenue drivers while optimizing the overall guest and artist experience
- Collaborate with Marketing, Premium Seat Sales, Food and Beverage team, and Sponsorship to create innovative offerings that drive incremental revenue growth, fan and partner engagement, and profitability
- Works closely with LN Special events team to promote and establish special event and rental events in the venue
- Works closely with LN Special events team in the execution of each special event, ensuring customer/client satisfaction.
- Ongoing coordination with Executive Management on security standards & protocols to ensure effective implementation of basic venue security standards at all times
- Advance each show with tour security directors and fulfill tour security requirements
- Hires, trains and schedules full and part-time employees, and work closely with all subcontractors and/or third-party vendors to ensure a cohesive operation at the venue with all parties focused on consistent standards & deliverables to guests and artists alike
- This position typically supervises a number of exempt and non-exempt positions
- Manage overall expenses of concerts/events/rentals to maximize profits while protecting the guest and artist experience
- Work closely with key civic governmental departments, as well as liaison with neighborhood association, including the Nob Hill Association and neighborhood groups, and interact with the community in general
- Manage relationship with the landlord, whose offices reside in the building, and has multiple shared spaces with Live Nation.
- Manage relationship with the community, and municipal contacts on ongoing basis
- Ensure compliance with Conditional use permit and neighborhood settlement agreement
- Coordinate with concessionaire and divisional F&B team to oversee food and beverage and merchandise performance and strategies (point of sale ratio, variety, etc.)
- Works closely with Live Nation promoters and operations and provides direction on standards and compliance
- Coordinates and facilitates event set-up with operations
- Day to day management of all venue vendors/subcontractors - HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Landscaping, Cleaning, Security, Trash/Recycling
- Excellent working knowledge of Health & Safety standards
- Basic accounting oversight - cash management/handling, approving of invoices
- Implements and complies with the companies' audit procedures
- Performs and executes successful settlement of events
- Performs and executes timely Flash Reports after events
- Forecasts in ROME, operational and production expenses, as well as ancillary revenue streams.
- Responsible for meeting staffing levels and budget targets for each event
- Ensures that employee performance is monitored and reviewed accordingly
- Management of employee attendance records, for all employees
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the executive management
- On site for each event prior to load in and until load out
- B.A in business management or related field and/or experience in lieu of degree
- Ten to fifteen years comparable business management work experience including previous supervisory role
- Proven leader with strong overall business acumen and drive for success
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. HIRING PRACTICES
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.