Job Summary: The Role:
The Venue Applications Support Analyst plays a pivotal role by ensuring technology at our venues functions seamlessly. Whether it be inputting system data or troubleshooting technical issues, the Venue Applications Support Team (VAST) is the go-to resource for thousands of end-user operators throughout our amphitheaters, clubs, and theatres. Point-of-Sale (PoS) applications support is the focus of the role, although VAST supports a variety of systems. The majority of support is provided remotely, but onsite venue engagements throughout the US are common. Given that our events are crucial revenue-earning opportunities-and often occur after conventional business hours-VAST Analysts provide on-call support on a rotating basis, often "saving the day" when IT issues arise during a show. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Input PoS data: menu items, prices, discounts, employee credentials, venue layouts, etc.
- Adhere to strict standards for maintaining system data integrity
- Diagnose device malfunctions including: software, hardware, and peripheral accessories
- Author end-user guides to improve understanding & usability of the system for operators
- Test new versions of software frequently and thoroughly
- Document frequency of issues and escalate systemic problems accordingly
- Establish processes for completing support tasks with improved accuracy and timeliness
- Lead on-call helpdesk hotline during peak support times
- Provide exceptional customer service to users with varying technical aptitude
- Travel to venues for software implementations and support
- Minimum 1-year experience supporting Point of Sale systems (preferably Appetize)
- Exceptional attention to detail for identifying patterns and curating obscure system data
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including use of formulas and pivot tables
- Experience with food and beverage business operations, ideally multi-location enterprises
- Diligence in troubleshooting complex problems with little information to reach resolution
- Ability to reprioritize tasks rapidly without missing deadlines in an ever-changing business
- Identify risk of missing deadlines and collaboratively exchange tasks with teammates
- Outstanding customer service etiquette through written and verbal communications
- Positive, driven attitude; focus on opportunity in difficulty-not difficulty in an opportunity
- Basic familiarity with Accounting practices (can balance finances/inventory, etc.)
- Degree/Certificate relevant to technology from accredited university will help; not required
- Willingness to travel up to 30%, possibly more during peak season (March - October)
- Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks regularly throughout the day; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment; lifts up to 20 pounds regularly; crouch/kneel/bend/reach frequently and stand/walk regularly for several hours at a time when installing or supporting technology at venues; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels while working from central office; exposed to large crowds, high volumes of noise, and sometimes outdoor conditions during onsite venue support; travel may require flying, driving, or using mass transit.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
This job description is a summary of duties that are expected to be performed. Duties outlined on this job description may not be all-inclusive, and can be modified at any time if requested by management.
Posting ID: 552789631Posted: 2020-05-21