Job Description Facility:
ABRAXAS ICompensation Base:Compensation Bonus (if applicable):Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services. Summary:
The primary function of the Mental Health Aide is to supervise clients with chronic or acute mental disorders during the sleeping hours in a manner that ensures their safety and security.Essential Functions:
- Conducts random /unpredictable head counts/bed checks (minimum of once every twelve minutes) to ensure client location.
- Conducts outside building security checks.
- Complete security calls to Night Supervisor.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedure for the program/facility i.e. curfew, lights out, fire/safety, cleanliness, control, and supply inventory.
- Provides for physical safety and security of clients while under staff member supervision..
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
- Assists with the mentoring and training of new level staff members.
- Reports significant client changes in behavior, attitude, or physical condition to higher-level staff members.
- Observes activities and responds accordingly including emergency situations such as evacuation, CPR, or first aid.
- Assists with suppressing and controlling problems that occur within the program/facility.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with current departmental practices and meet guidelines as outlined by outside referral and licensing agencies.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local licensing, and reporting requirements.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements:
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee's state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
Posting ID: 552789737Posted: 2020-05-21