• The ideal candidate will be a Cloud Admin that is interested in managing services that are operational in a PaaS environment. The candidate will need to understand Red Hat Enterprise Linux support for software installations, troubleshooting and system maintenance activities.
• The candidate will be working on a task where the goal is to develop an operating environment where system administrators can leverage the service to administer their systems. This solution uses ansible to configure kubernetes running in either a VM, metal, or AWS environments that requires state-of-the-art skills in emerging areas of containerization, networking, and software development. This task will also provide engineering, integration, testing and system administration Level of Effort (LOE) support to the software baseline and integration of the service across the customer base.
Qualifications (minimum requirements, clearance, exp, tools, must haves, etc.):
• Bachelors or 4 years of addition exp.
• Shall have at least three (3) years exp managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>1000 nodes)
• Shall have at least three (3) years exp writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation
• Shall have at least three (3) years exp in planning, design, development, implementation, and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements
• Hadoop/Cloud System Administration Certification
• Shall have demonstrated ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
• Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
Desired Requirements (nice to have but not required):
• Technical experience and knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed storage networks, peer-to-peer routing and application messaging frameworks
• Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operating, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation
This position requires a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include, but are not limited to:
• U.S. Citizenship (Required)
• Favorable Criminal History Check
• Education Verification
• Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
• Credit Check
• Subject Interview
Posting ID: 552789770Posted: 2020-05-21