: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local government organizations and commercial and residential customers. By combining our vast government experience, expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.Job Summary:
EMCOR Government Services is seeking a Master Electrician in Washington, DC. May perform high voltage electrical installation in addition to other electrical duties, O&M maintenance and repair work. This is a Local 99 position.Essential Duties:
- Inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust, maintain and make necessary test on all high voltage and low voltage utility systems, equipment, transformers, switchgear and distribution systems.
- Work from prints, diagrams, specifications and instructions covering emergency and scheduled repairs; as well as installation, testing and inspection of work to be done on electrical utility systems, both high and low voltages; including, but not limited to, distribution systems, alarm systems, and ups systems, as assigned.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, modify, install, and repair utility equipment and electrical circuits using prints, diagrams and test instruments.
- Assist and perform switching on electrical utility systems, placing blockings, grounds, locks, etc. on utility systems (high and low voltage) as required by operational protective procedures.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports on electrical utility equipment, as required for maintenance programs on the basis of all information obtained through tests and preventive maintenance procedures and take corrective actions, as required.
- Perform protective inspections during facility additions or repairs so as to insure safe and continuous operation of electrical utilities systems and equipment, as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance, repair or replacement of electrical equipment on AC or DC systems and circuits.
- Operate machines and power tools, erect scaffolds, perform rigging and operate motor vehicles, as required.
- Install conduit, piping, wiring, and apparatus for maintenance of electrical utilities, systems and equipment and /or modification, rearrangement or substitution of existing equipment with new or old apparatus.
- Observe all safety practices, procedures and directives.
- Notify Facility Manager when shutting off power that would affect the site.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer- Veteran/Disabled.#CB2
- Six to eight years' experience in a commercial environment.
- Must possess a Masters Electrician License.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of related building codes, regulations and ordinances.
- Proven ability to effectively read, interpret and work from plans, schematics and drawings.
Posting ID: 552789772Posted: 2020-05-21