Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.Position Summary
At Jacobs our Senior Electrical Buildings Engineer have exceptional design and analysis skills, to plan and design electrical systems for buildings and facilities, including airports, Data Centers, hospitals, laboratories, high rise offices, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects.
- Design full electrical systems, including power, lighting, fire alarm and signaling systems.
- Design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls.
- Prepare load analysis for different stages of design.
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed.
- Prepare basis of design report for the project.
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms.
- Select equipment and fixtures for use in the building.
- Manage work with engineers of other disciplines and architects.
- Lead meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
- Manage quality of work, and interface with clients.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is required, Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer licensure is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience working for a MEP firm required focusing on Mission Critical applications, experience designing medium-voltage distribution systems and emergency generation is required.
- Proficient in Revit, 3D CADD.
- Knowledge of NFPA Standards is required.
- Working knowledge of other building systems (e.g. door finish hardware, IT building communications, lighting controls and BAS networks) as these relate electrical systems is required.
- This individual must be able to work within a multidisciplinary design team and is able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- LEED AP certification is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Posting ID: 552789843Posted: 2020-05-21