Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
We are hiring a Principal Geotechnical Engineer into our Boston, MA office!
• Plans, directs and coordinates activities of projects to ensure the goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes and maintains relationships for future on potential projects.
• Provides supervision and technical guidance to Project Manager(s), Project Engineers and Designers in the Geotechnical Group
• Establishes and implements staffing plans to permit effective handling of current and projected workloads
• Directs/guides responsible Project Managers to take appropriate corrective actions in a timely manner.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with clients.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Initiates and reviews price proposals. Participate in interviews and presentations as applicable.
• Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned. Informs Operations Manager of potential opportunities to market services.
• Serves as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
• Develops reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
• Assures that the project team complies with the contract agreement and exercises cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
•Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering required.
•Master degree is required is preferred
•Professional Engineering (PE) license in MA required.
•At least 20 years experience including geotechnical evaluations, soil and rock classification, design and analysis of deep and shallow foundations, slope stability analyses, liquefaction analyses, ground improvements and ground retention systems is required
•Experience developing contract documents, plans, details and specifications.
•Experience working with Contractors on large scale Design-Build construction projects.
•Must have flexibility to include occasional travel for assignments.
•Strong verbal and written communication skills
•Familiarity with geotechnical design software programs.
Posting ID: 552789845Posted: 2020-05-21