Jacobs is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support our government client in Vienna. A Top Secret clearance is required.Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test and deploy Java based solutions to support the customer's requirements.
- Provide technical direction for problem definition, analysis, requirements development, and implementation for complex systems consisting of elements of the Java ecosystem, Oracle RDBMS and MarkLogic NoSQL databases.
- Make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements and optimization or maintenance efforts for microservice architecture IT systems.
- Participate in Agile Scrum framework meetings and build associated artifacts.
- Troubleshoot issues in all environments as needed.
#corpliQualifications :Minimum Qualifications:
This position requires a Top Secret clearance. Essential Functions
- Master's degree preferred with 9-10 years of relevant experience in software development; OR - Bachelor's degree with 11-12 years of relevant experience in software development
- Expertise in Systems Development Life Cycle framework.
- Expertise in developing IT solutions in Java. - Advanced knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, Linux, and script languages.
- Experience with performance management diagnostic methods, tools, and techniques.
- Experience with systems testing and evaluation principles, methods, and tools. -
- Knowledge of new and emerging information technologies and/or industry trends.
- Knowledge of project management principles and methods. - Experience with Agile Scrum methodology.
- Proficiency with production implementation and support of enterprise Java applications on Linux/Unix.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.Work Environment
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.Attendance
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%).Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Posting ID: 552789860Posted: 2020-05-21