Job TitleWeb Software Developer
Working TitleWeb Software Developer
FLSA CodeComputer Employee
Patient Sensitive Job Code?No
Standard Hours per Week40
Full Time or Part Time?Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday - Friday, regular business hours
VP AreaU of U Health - Academics
Department01470 - SOM Computer Support
CitySalt Lake City, UT
Type of RecruitmentExternal Posting
Pay Rate Range$55,000 - $65,000/annnually
Open Until FilledYes
Following our department's general guidelines and accepted technical approaches, participates in the design, development, implementation, testing, deployment and support of software applications and tools for the School of Medicine ( SOM ). Troubleshoots issues related to SOM applications and tools, resolves hardware/software issues and migrates legacy features to a new application infrastructure.
• Develops, tests, deploys and supports requirements-based solutions.
• Responsible for assigned programs and applications including scoping, requirements gathering, code generation, deployment and maintenance.
• Participates as a member of a small and very busy team.
• Interacts with team members and end users to facilitate development and ensure that product meets organizational needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor's degree in related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). 2 years of experience in web software development or related area.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Four to six years of experience.
• Software development experience in relational databases, object-oriented serverside programming, and web allocation development (including design, user interface,
deployment, maintenance and support).
• In-depth knowledge of object oriented development and design principles.
• Knowledge of software design patterns and use of modern programming frameworks (specifically MVC frameworks).
• Ability to learn quickly by digging in and learning from existing codebase, then applying that knowledge to add new features and functionality with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated human relations and effective oral and written communication skills.
• Experience across entire application life cycle (planning, development, testing, deployment, production stewardship).
• Basic understanding of web server technology such as Apache, Node, etc.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran's status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans' preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems ("URS"). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS' post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems ("URS"). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS' post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.