The Medical Surgical Unit at our Overland Park, KS location has recently expanded and looking to add additional nurses to their team. This department can be fast-paced and unpredictable at times. This nursing position will provide you with variety in your day-to-day and allow you to expand and grow your nursing skills.
This is a team who is very patient focused and possess strong team work, flexibility and willingness to go above any beyond for each other to ensure exceptional patient care and patient outcomes. This is a team that does what is right for the patient and works together for the common goal.This position will give you the opportunity to:
- Work on a brand new unit that has new leading technology and newly renovated patient rooms
- Build on you current nursing skills
- Have a variety of career growth opportunities and career growth support
- Provide care to a variety of conditions and treatment plans
- Work with a strong, collaborative, and supportive team
- Work with leaders who will empower you to work towards your career goals and help you become the best nurse you can be
To be successful in these units; you need to be patient focused, team oriented and have a strong ability to change directions quickly. With the variety of acuity levels and patient conditions, you will need to be someone who embraces change and needs variety in their day to stay motivated and excited about your work. We are looking for collaborative and resourceful nurses who love empowering and teaching others. We are looking for professionals who are able to stay positive during the unexpected and empowers their peers to do the same. Responsibilities:
- Accountable for utilizing the nursing process.
- Performing patient care
- Delegating patient care tasks and supervision of other patient care staff.
- Coordinating the plan of care for a group of assigned patients and consulting with other members of the health care team when indicated to ensure optimal patient outcomes. This clinical nurse demonstrates proficiency and abides by policies rules guidelines and procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency and abides by policies, rules, guidelines and procedures.
Saint Luke's has a strong nurse governance and we encourage all of our nurses to participate and help us make Saint Luke's The Best Place To Get Care, The Best Place To Give Care.
Our leaders support and encourage their nurses to take their careers to the next level and participate in various projects and initiatives that directly impact patient care and the organization.Benefits:
- Health, Vision and Dental
- Leave of Absence, PTO, Extended Sick Leave, and various Welfare plans
- Flex Savings and Health Savings Accounts
- Education and Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Options
- Clinical Advancement Program - Shared Governance, Unit Based Project, Career Advancement
Saint Luke's South Hospital in Overland Park delivers high-quality health care to Johnson County, Kansas, and the surrounding communities. Saint Luke's South has been certified by The Joint Commission in orthopedic joint replacement for hip and knee, and its maternity program earned theKansas High 5 for Mom & Babyfor care that supports breastfeeding best practices to support for mom and baby.
Saint Luke's South was the only hospital in Johnson County awarded five stars by theCenters for Medicare & Medicaid Servicesbased on quality measures including safety, effectiveness, and patient experience.
The 125-bed acute care hospital offers including 24-hour emergency services, a spaciousBirth & Women's Centerwith Level IIIa neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), theJacobson & McElliott Diabetes & Endocrinology Center, theGoppert Breast Center, inpatient and outpatientrehabilitation services, and physician offices within the facility.
Saint Luke's South also provides comprehensive medical treatment through seven Saint Luke's Community Hospitalsoffering inpatient and emergency care in your neighborhood. Job Requirements
Registered Nurse (KS) - National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NURSYS)
Associate Degree (Required) Job Details
Day (United States of America) 'The best place to get care. The best place to give care.' That is the Saint Luke's vision and, whether in a hospital, clinic, practice, or office, our more than 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Saint Luke's employees are proud of our rich history and heritage, and that we remain the only faith-based, nonprofit, locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's means joining a team of exceptional professionals who always strive for excellence in patient care. Take this opportunity to do the best work of your career within a highly diverse and inclusive work space where all voices matter.Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services. Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.