Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking Pipefitters for future projects in North or South Carolina. Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and maintains piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, and industrial processing systems.Job Title: PipefittersEssential Duties & Responsibilities:
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Select type and size of pipe and related materials according to job plans and specifications.
- Inspect work sites to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cut pipe, using hacksaw, pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.
- Thread pipe, using threading machine.
- Bend pipe by hand or with pipe-bending machine.
- Assemble and install variety of metal and non-metal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, glass, and plastic.
- Join piping by means of threaded, caulked, wiped, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
- Secure pipes to structure with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand tools.
- Test piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- May weld hanging fixtures to structural steel members.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Lift and carry objects of varying weights
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
Posting ID: 552789976Posted: 2020-05-21