This position provides overall direction to a 47-170 (depends on the home) bed senior services assisted living facility account with food, laundry and housekeeping services. Candidates with extensive food service knowledge, including culinary experience is required. Daily client contact is required as is an outgoing personality and calm demeanor. Evening, holiday and weekend hours will be required. This is a long-term client and one of six affiliated facilities. The mission of Alaska Pioneer Homes is to assist older Alaskans to have the highest quality of life by providing assisted living in a safe home setting which promotes positive relationships, meaningful activities, and physical, emotional, and spiritual growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops, implements, and revises organization policies, operations, and goals. Measures the performance of assigned activities.
- Establishes and implements an organized system of supervision and general operating procedures.
- Maintains excellent customer communications and relations that permit continuous improvement in provided services, efficient problem resolution, and acceptance of new services.
- Reads, understands and orchestrates the terms of the contract and ensures internal compliance with those terms.
- Directs and coordinates the promotion of new services/programs.
- Is accountable for the delivery of high quality and cost-effective services as well as ensuring all activities and operations comply with applicable internal and external regulations, laws, and sound business practices.
- Develops and directs the maintenance of such typically required business reports, administrative matters, or materials as budgets, budget expenditures, operational reports, cost analysis, operational documentation, etc.
- Tracks financial data, reports, forecasts, and expenditures to achieve optimum efficiency and economy of operations.
- Supports an active safety program. Continuously seeks to improve the quality of assigned activities.
- Directs, trains, supervises, leads, evaluates, and develops personnel to keep them informed and motivated.
- Plans and implements an effective staff training program. Makes sure the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all assigned employees are defined and understood.
- Consistently demonstrates professional skills in efficiently carrying out assigned activities, using all forms of communications, handling of change, developing employees, solving typical business problems, and making decisions.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- This position is responsible for the supervision of staff.
Manages other associates in an assigned area or function. Responsible for their overall direction, coordination, and evaluation. Responsibilities include training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Qualifications :
- Must have High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years of directly related experience that demonstrates management-level knowledge of food and environmental services.
- Extensive food service knowledge including culinary experience is required.
- Must be a Certified Dietary Manager or be able to obtain same within 18 months.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy.
- This contract requires employees to have the following immunizations: TB. If hired, the successful candidate must be able to provide proof of immunization records for this and/or be willing to take the vaccination if offered the position.
- Proficient computer skills; Excel, Microsoft outlook and Microsoft Word.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Bachelor's degree with culinary arts emphasis.
- Experience as a Food Service Manager in a health care or senior living environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors, environmentally controlled.
Noise level: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Description of environment: Pioneer home
The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift. The employee is infrequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally (typically once a week.)
inspect under beds, chairs, etc.
Must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 lbs.
The ability to work toward accomplishing objectives with a sense of urgency and the ability to work effectively with a minimum of supervision or support.
Must be able to effectively organize people and business activities. Must be able to balance multiple activities with an attention to detail.
Analyzes facts, weighs consequences and identifies underlying issues and patterns.
Recognizes service is a demonstrated attitude and a state of mind, not a task or step.
Dedicated to and takes initiative for understanding and exceeding customer expectations NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements. Accommodation Request
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at email@example.com