About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is looking for Pipe Helpers for future projects in North and South Carolina.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Basic knowledge and care of tools.
- Prepares work area and assembles necessary tools.
- Selects specific type and size of pipe to cut, measure, thread and install under direct supervision of Pipefitter.
- Installs brackets on walls and other locations to secure hangers for pipes.
- Assist with the install of pipes, instruments, valves and other fittings.
- Cuts holes in walls and ceiling for pipe passage using pneumatic drill or hole saw.
- Assist with demolition, removal or re-routing of pipes and piping systems.
- Assist with loading, unloading and transporting material.
- Lift and carry objects of varying weights.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Posting ID: 552790124Posted: 2020-05-21