Job TitleCoordinator, Academic
Working TitleCoordinator, Academic
Patient Sensitive Job Code?No
Standard Hours per Week40
Full Time or Part Time?Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
Monday - Friday 8 AM - 5 PM
VP AreaAcademic Affairs
Department00078 - School of Music
CitySalt Lake City, UT
Type of RecruitmentExternal Posting
Pay Rate Range12.02 to 15.75 DOE
Open Until FilledYes
Oversees and coordinates a variety of departmental academic and student programs, which may include budgeting and/or complex program or record keeping responsibilities under the direction of the director of the School of Music.
• Keep graduate student records and track graduate students' progress
• Attend and take minutes for Graduate Studies Committee Meetings
• Coordinate with faculty to schedule and track placement, qualifying, and oral exams
• Oversee the class scheduling process
• Conduct New Student Orientation for incoming graduate students
• Correspond with students and faculty in a timely manner
• Oversee the graduate admissions process
• Work with School of Music Director to assign Graduate Assistantships
• Train and instruct Graduate Assistants at TA training
• Oversee the Tuition Benefit Program
• Keep up-to-date records of all academic forms for the School of Music, both undergraduate and graduate
• Collect and help submit curriculum changes to the College of Fine Arts
• Update University Catalog with program changes
• Private lesson registration, tracking and management
• Assist with private lesson and independent study registration
• Compile lists of studio assignments for faculty
• Ensure that academic content is accurate on School of Music website
• Gather data for annual reports and accreditation audits
• Perform general office duties as needed
• Special projects as assisgned
• This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Four years of administrative and/or secretarial experience, preferably in an academic setting, or equivalency; the ability to work independently and pay close attention to detail; demonstrated human relations, communication and organizational skills; and a commitment to provide excellent customer service required. Accounting skills may also be required by some departments.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Musical background including degree work strongly preferred.
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran's status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans' preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), email: email@example.com .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems ("URS"). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS' post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems ("URS"). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS' post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Posting ID: 552790195Posted: 2020-05-21