Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic's collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We'll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2018 Corporate Equality Index.Job DescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY: The Sr. Front End Developer serves as a lead technical resource on the Digital Development team (Web & Mobile) and participates in all phases of the development life cycle. The Sr. Front End Developer will analyze complex business and technical problems and shape and deliver Republic's new e-commerce platform. The Sr. Front End Developer analyzes, configures and tunes the front end web application and is considered the subject matter expert on web technologies. The Sr. Front End Developer also enforces software development standards and mentors less experienced developers.
- Leads the development of Republic's next generation of responsive e-commerce web applications.
- Designs and develops new web and content modules that can be re-used throughout the Company.
- Builds web applications that are heavily dependent on APIs.
- Acts in a technical leadership capacity by mentoring less experienced developers and new team members.
- Works cross-functionally with various Republic teams including Integration, QA, Operations, and the Business to drive forward results.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban).
- In depth understanding of e-commerce and experience in developing highly transactional, mission critical application.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in software development, information systems, or an equivalent technical environment, including previous experience in leading the development of highly transactional, mission critical applications in environments/architectures for multi-user systems.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operational support.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming methodologies.
- Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in: • Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage. • Health care and dependent care spending accounts. • Short- and long-term disability. • Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance. • Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP). • Employee discount programs. • 401(k) plan with a generous company match. • Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).Posted Date:3/9/2020 6:19:55 PMJob Type:ExemptReq #:R-018266Location:AZ-Scottsdale- (85260)Job Category:Information Technology
Posting ID: 552790214Posted: 2020-05-21