With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 20,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behringis a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The candidate will be a highly creative and motivated stem cell biologist advancing our cutting-edge gene therapy and gene editing research efforts targeted to rare diseases. The successful candidate will apply gene editing and gene therapies in vitro in hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells (HSPCs); culture, expand and track modified cells; assess stemness and perform endpoint phenotypic assays. The candidate will help evaluate novel vector and nanoparticle methods to deliver gene therapy/gene editing modalities to HSPCs. This person will generate data, analyse results, develop reagents and assays, prepare technical documents and manuscripts for publications, and be capable of working in a highly matrixed team environment to support bringing novel therapies to patients with rare diseases. Qualifications
- Lead, develop and execute experiments for pre-clinical discovery in gene editing and gene therapy.
- Design, develop and carry out advanced molecular biology and cellular biology assays
- Propagate, culture and maintain primary human stem/progenitor cells
- Prepare and present experimental data at departmental and project team meetings, and as necessary, to external collaborators and at conferences.
- Work in a strong teamwork environment but also work independently.
- Communicate research findings and reports to senior management and other team leaders and stakeholders.
- Prepare manuscripts for publication of research in articles and patents
- Ensure that high safety standards adhered to as governed by local, state and federal regulations, laws and policies as well as CSL's policies and directives.
- PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics or related discipline with 2-5 years hands-on postdoctoral and/or industry experience in gene therapy or related area.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
- Strong advanced skills in culture and maintenance of mammalian cell lines and primary human cells. Experience of isolation, stimulation and extended culture of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) and hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells (HSPC) preferred.
- Experience in cell manipulation, flow cytometry and cell sorting, cell tracking, and advanced cell imaging tools. High content screening experience a plus.
- Experience applying viral and/or non-viral gene delivery methods to HSPCs. Previous work with lentiviral vectors preferred.
- Experience working with CRISPR/Cas9 or other related genome editing modalities preferred.
- Experience in standard molecular biology techniques (eg. Cloning, qRT-PCR)
- Previous experience in GLP/GMP techniques is desired, but not required.
- Ability to multitask and complete work on time.
- Ability to contribute and work in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Well organised, able to plan work appropriately. Attention to detail. Strong problem-solving skills.
Worker Sub Type:
Posting ID: 552790410Posted: 2020-05-21