With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 20,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behringis a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Senior security management role of a major operating unit.
This role is responsible for implementing strategy, driving situational and threat awareness, and continuously improving the level of security through the use of guidelines, SOPs, assessments, and protective services against recognized standards and industry best practices. This role requires complex problem solving and analysis skills.
This requires the role to deliver strategic security objectives and target agreement with senior management and support employees to meet their security responsibilities.
• Responsible for developing and enforcing the organization's security policies, procedures and programs
• Directs administration and operation of the organization's security equipment and staff
• Investigates security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive action taken
• Recommends and implements procedures and systems for employee identification, visitor control, and safeguarding facilities, equipment, materials and employee property
• Coordinates with local law enforcement agencies when necessary Qualifications
• Bachelor degree in Criminal Justice or related field
• 10+ years' security experience including supervision of subordinate managers and professional staff
• Knowledge of regulatory environments, compliance programs, analytics and preventative security measures
• Large pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing experience CapabilitiesStrategy
- Develops, implements, and directs security policies and programs under the Head of Security's direction
- Identifies significant security risks, designs and implements mitigation strategies and programs to prevent and reduce loss and exposure
- Establishes and directs appropriate standards and controls
- Utilizes state-of-the-art technology and innovative security management techniques to safeguard people, facilities, and assets
- Determines operational expenses and manages forecasts
Vulnerability and Threat Assessments
- Develops and delivers appropriate threat and awareness training to diverse audiences
- Administers and delivers trainings necessary for compliance to security requirements
- Briefs senior management on status of security issues
Incident and crisis response
- Supports annual global security assessment plans
- Organizes, conducts, and delivers written security assessment presentations and reports
- Participates in reviews of new or existing systems to determine level of security
- Provides solutions and develops remediation methods for assessment observations
- Ensures appropriate corrective and preventative action plans are in place
- Maintains security assessment records
- Manages response to issues involving troubling persons and situations
- Accounts for staff in emergency management or during security related events
- Writes and submits formal security-related documentation such as incident reports, summaries, program proposals/recommendations, and other formal written communications
- Compiles annual operating unit risk assessment
- Creates detailed recommended courses of action to improve security levels
- Implements approved courses of action
- Develops working relationships with law enforcement and other regulatory agencies
- As needed, directs the approach, deployment, and execution of investigations
Develops and maintains solid cross-functional working relationships with appropriate stake holders.
Must proactively stay up-to-date and current with security and protection best practices.
Acts with integrity and exercises sound independent judgment in the course of carrying out overall responsibilities and other activities as assigned.
Worker Sub Type: