Process Safety Engineer
This Process Safety Engineer
is responsible for working with the site Safety, Health and Environmental Manager, Engineering Manager, and the Reliability Manager to ensure process safety programs are in compliance with applicable regulations and Ecolab Standards. Primary areas of focus are Process Safety Management (PSM) and the ongoing reliability (maintenance) tasks of this system. Location Information:
This role will be located at our plant located at 2305 Sherwin St, Garland, TX 75041. The Garland plant is an Ecolab chemical manufacturing plant producing liquid, cast, and pressed solid products to serve the domestic and international markets.What You Will Do:
- Ensure site compliance with applicable standards (i.e. NFPA, PSM)
- Serve as a team member on capital projects and process modifications to minimize process and personal risk management
- Participate on and/or lead HAZOPS (process hazard analyses)
- Red List compliance (incompatible chemicals)
- Act as a member of the Emergency Response and Planning Committee
- Ensure equipment and facilities function as planned to avoid downtime
- Manage CAR development and implementation and ensure capital projects are executed per the budget and timeline agreed upon for process safety related projects
- Select and manage maintenance, equipment and engineering vendors, evaluating vendor performance
- Developing and implementing plan for facility to comply with all applicable standards; facility appearance, security, manufacturing equipment, etc.
- Track the plant's response to observations and the status of resolution
- Manage process safety documentation
- Communicate trends in audit findings, corrective actions, and observed best practices
- Additional duties as assigned
- Owner of the MOC (management of change) program
- Lead safety training
- Must be able to support a 24/7 operation as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Applied Sciences or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience working with Process Safety Management standards and regulations
- No immigration sponsorship for this role
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- 3+ years of experience working with Process Safety Management standards and regulations
- 1+ years of experience implementing Process Safety at an industrial facility
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with mechanical systems, P&IDs, mechanical integrity programs, non-destructive testing and chemical interactions
- Previous experience with emergency response
- Ability to work with one or more project teams and multiple projects at various stages of development
- Willingness to take initiative and work independently or in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others with excellent verbal and communication skills
- Agent for Change - not satisfied with the status quo, willing to take strong and effective action to effectively manage change. Committed to continuous improvement; Recommend and develop innovative processes.
- Interpersonal skills - Relates well to all levels and kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport. Listens well.
- Self-starter; Results driven; Anticipate/initiates and implements solutions; proactive.
- Strong people leadership, including mentoring and coaching skills.
- Action Oriented - Achiever mentality for the tasks that need to be accomplished; Bias for action; Team player.
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Work with Purpose
Hear how our team is taking on meaningful challenges.