Job DescriptionPosition Summary
The Hogue Cellars, located in Prosser WA, is a well-established wine company that is part of Constellation Brands and has been producing quality award-winning wines for over 30 years.
The Hogue Cellars Internship program combines enology seminars, winemaking led discussions, and vineyard tours in tandem with day to day responsibilities. We are seeking students who are enrolled in, or recently completed a wine-related degree program and are looking for opportunities to gain more experience in the industry. Responsibilities
- Grape receiving, crushing, pressing, racking, pomace-transfers, juice and must additions.
- Inoculations, pump-overs, barrel prep/filling, tank and equipment sanitation, and general winery operations.
- Assist where required during busy harvest season.
- Perform all job functions in strict adherence to company Health and Safety protocols, and in accordance with quality control standards and standard equipment operating procedures.
- Must be available to work flexible shifts (including evenings and weekends) from August through November.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Completion of at least one year of college in a related field of study (enology, viticulture, chemistry or other related field).
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Production experience in cellar, operations, process or related.
- Experience with Access Database.
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting Location
Prosser, Washington Additional LocationsJob Type
Full time Job Area
Internships Equal Opportunity
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).