Join Ecolab's, Global Food Retail Services Team as a Territory Sales Representative in the Bangor, ME market and see why Ecolab is on Fortune magazine's list of "The World's Most Admired Companies". The Territory Sales Representative opportunity delivers a comprehensive cleaning and food safety program developed specifically for the food retail industry, partnering with our customers to identify food safety risks and help prevent the spread of foodborne illnesses.
The Territory Sales Representatives manage a territory of customers in the food retail sector and are responsible for the following: growing sales and retaining existing customers by providing service excellence, gaining new sales through new products and new customers, and providing customers training on food safety and sanitation through high quality surveys and audits.
What's in it For You:
- Receive a company vehicle for business and personal use along with a smart phone and tablet computer
- Enjoy a robust paid training program allowing you to learn from subject matter experts with proven success
- Plan and manage your schedule in a flexible, independent work environment that allows you to excel
- Carve out a long term, advanced career path in sales or other areas within Ecolab
What You Will Do:
- Completes food safety audits based on the customer's required visit frequency (monthly or quarterly) and evaluates each department for compliance
- Facilitates the sale of Ecolab products by making suggestions for improvements with existing products and new innovations
- Installs and maintains equipment and collateral to ensure proper function and appearance
- Complete the Serv-Safe/SuperSafeMark and CP-FS training and become certified
- Develop and enhance existing relationships with customers while working independently and maintaining your own schedule
We are looking for candidates who will reside within 50 miles of Bangor, ME and willing to travel 4-5 overnights per month along with weekend coverage every 14 weeks.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (1.5 years of business to business sales or Ecolab experience = 1 year of post-secondary education)
- Food industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor's degree = no food industry experience required. Associate's Degree = 3 years' food industry experience required. High School Diploma/GED = 4 years' food industry experience required)
- 1 year of work or relevant military experience
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Availability for up to 20% overnight travel
- Must have the flexibility to handle emergency calls at night, during the weekends and on holidays based on customer needs
- Must have a valid driver's license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No Immigration Sponsorship available
- 4 years of professional experience in a foodservice, hospitality or grocery environment
- Previous business to business value-add sales experience
- Mechanical ability (plumbing, electrical and/or mechanical experience) and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and repair equipment and dispensing systems
About Ecolab Food Retail Services:
Join a team of experts that provides 23.2 million food safety and compliance observations annually through audits and training. Ecolab's Food Retail Services division specializes in solutions and expertise that help improve food safety compliance and deliver profitable growth to grocery stores, convenience stores and supermarkets. We serve as an extension of our customers' food safety teams throughout the world, protecting their brand reputation. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Work with Purpose
Hear how our team is taking on meaningful challenges.