Food and Nutrition - St. ElizabethShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primarily responsible for quality food preparation in specified quantities to meet the food service needs of patients, visitors and staff of the hospital. Promotes favorable guest/employee relations and continuously expresses the core values and philosophy of the hospital in daily activities. QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION
- High school graduate or equivalency test.
- Previous quantity cooking experience required. Formal training and/or certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Follows detailed written and oral instructions. Completes specific, routine tasks. Requires basic reading, writing, or simple arithmetic skills.
- Work is routine. Makes decisions based on detailed procedures; technical aids generally available. Has clear cut alternative available and usually follows a specified course of action.
- Impacts activities in other work areas on a frequent basis. Accountability is primarily indirect, but may be shared for activities affecting the work area only. May provide information to decision-making processes affecting work area(s).
- Coordinates work with others. Conveys detailed, routine information. Provides written responses in standard format to others knowledgeable about subject. Requires listening skills to maintain cooperative associates.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Prepares quality food in taste, appearance, temperature, aroma, and texture in specified quantities according to standard procedures and standardized recipes. Prepares food items according to forecast sheets and proper cooking techniques. Cleans, prepares any items which are listed on assignment sheets for patient and non-patient meals. Able to recognize product requirements/variations in order to adjust accordingly and informs the appropriate person(s) of the adjustments. Sets up hot counters at all meals for Production and Cafeteria. Supplies hot and cold food throughout all meal services to Production and Cafeteria. Serves on patient tray line as designated by position/assignments. Prepares all special menu write-ins for patients according to list established by Diet Office. Prepares food items for late trays after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Prepares and packages bulk food deliveries for various ancillary site locations as assigned. Prepares food items for catering events. Condenses, wraps, labels, dates and stores unused foods appropriately after each meal service. Performs duties of the nourishment worker as requested. Obtains necessary supplies as needed for the work assignments. Operates kitchen equipment used in work assignments according to proper equipment procedures. Promptly reports any equipment malfunctions to the supervisor. Cleans equipment and work area(s) in a sanitary manner during daily activities and completes special cleaning tasks as assigned. Follows sanitation and safety techniques for food handlers at all times. Adheres to scheduled hours and break times. Plans/performs work in an organized manner; is able to complete job duties within scheduled shifts. Displays adaptability and flexibility in handling unexpected changes in work volume and/or meeting emergency situations. Works independently with minimal direct supervision from supervisors. Attends/participates in hospital, departmental and unit meetings, and in activities as needed. Communicates effectively with coworkers, supervisors, hospital and non-hospital personnel. Adheres to standard policies and procedures within the hospital and department. Trains new employees as requested by supervisors. The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Food and Nutrition - St. Elizabeth All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 552790653Posted: 2020-05-21