As Production Manager
you will receive the training needed to help transform our FDA regulated plant in McDonough, GA,to a Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) culture, based on Toyota Production System strategies and tools. This Ecolab plant produces cleaners, sanitizers and disinfectants for hospitality, food processing plants and other industries. The Production Manager leads a team of production supervisors, a production planner and approximately 60 hourly employees (batch mixers, bulk fillers, line operators and fork truck operators) to make chemical products in this ISO 9000 certified facility. You will report to the Plant Manager and have interaction with divisional business leaders, Global Supply Chain functional leaders, and peers on the plant leadership team to continuously improve and develop the processes in chemical manufacturing, safety quality, planning, procurement and distribution. Main Responsibilities
- Inspire your manufacturing team as you embrace TPM practices and use your ability to listen and communicate transparently to encourage every single person to think and act proactively to make changes that will save time and reduce manufacturing waste.
- Promote full team engagement and witness their ability to achieve continuous improvement of throughput in chemical production to reduce product cost per pound.
- Join cross-functional team efforts to effectively launch new FDA product lines
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years' manufacturing experience
- 2+ years' manufacturing supervisory experience
- 3+ years' experience in consumer products industry and in an ISO 9001, food / GLP / GMP regulated process manufacturing environment.
- 1+ years' experience in at least 2 operations functional areas, e.g. Production, Distribution, Planning, Purchasing, Quality, Engineering, Compliance or HR
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
Benefits - What's in it For You?
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in an engineering related field
- TPM Experience
- 3+ years' experience applying TPM / Toyota Production Principals in a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years' experience in consumer products industry; regulated production, ISO 9001, RD&E or related
- 3+ years' manufacturing supervisory experience
- 3+ years' experience in cross-functional project or program management
- Knowledge of supply chain financial measurements of Operations, Capital Management experience
- Extensive experience using MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), ERP and other relevant computer software and systems effectively
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Join a stable, growing, global, Fortune 500 company that fosters water and energy savings worldwide - be part of a team that has direct impact on the environment, public health and the community
- Learn Toyota Production System principles and tools and gain recognition for successfully engaging your team in the Lean culture change
- Enjoy the role of change agent as you help your team drive production in its journey of continuous throughput improvement.
- Expect the opportunity to advance to more challenging roles in larger Ecolab plants
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Work with Purpose
Hear how our team is taking on meaningful challenges.