Med/Surg Unit - St. Elizabeth Boardman - Med/Surg 5SShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSummary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
Provides direct patient care under the guidance of the Registered Nurse or designated health care professional in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and within the policies, procedures, guidelines of Mercy Health. Essential Job Functions
Employment QualificationsEducation Qualifications
- Provides basic patient care to include, but not limited to, care and comfort, record vital signs, personal care and hygiene, and mobility, including unit based specialty duties.
- Acts as liaison between patient and nurse to report changes or concerns to nurse
- Provides high level customer service to all patients, patient's family, visitors and all employees
- Provides accurate, precise, timely documentation when applicable for patient care
- Uses professional, verbal and written communication skills at all times
-List theminimumeducation, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position.Required Minimum Education:
High School Diploma or GEDSpecialty/Major:Preferred Education:
Vocational/ Technical DegreeSpecialty/Major:Licensing/ Certification
-If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.Licensure/Certification Required:
BLS required at hire or within 6 months of hire.
Ohio: Current STNA certification at time of hire or two years recent experience in acute or long term care facility or nursing student with 1 semester of clinical rotation completed.
Kentucky: SRNA certification at time of hire.Licensure/Certification Preferred:Minimum QualificationsMinimum Years and Type of Experience:
Preference for recent experience in acute care, long term care facilityOther Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesRequired:Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesPreferred: Combination of post-secondary education and experience in lieu of a degree.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Med/Surg Unit - St. Elizabeth Boardman - Med/Surg 5S All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting ID: 552790966Posted: 2020-05-21