Hospice Care - Hospice of the Valley - OutpatientShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
SIGN ON BONUS - $3,000 - NO WEEKENDS! Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The after-hours coordinator is a member of the leadership team who assists with the daily operations and coordination of the after-hours team by working closely with the hospice manager. Assumes responsibility for triaging and coordinating all available resources to assure safe, appropriate delivery of care and treatment for all patients/families needing hospice services. Makes timely home/facility visits to provide, evaluate and/or change plan of care based on effective and timely triage assessment of patient and family needs. Essential Job Functions
* In collaboration with the Hospice Manager, provides planning, direction, assessment and evaluation of patient care and adherence with the organization's mission, values, policies, procedures, goals and objectives. Triages after hour calls from patients/families/caregivers/facilities and schedules or performs visits accordingly
* Demonstrates excellent clinical and critical thinking skills. Communicate significant findings, problems, patient's needs, reports changes in condition or environment to the physician, manager and other members of the hospice care team and obtains physician orders as required. Maintain flow of communication between in-house staff, field staff and other departments, for coordination of activities and services.
* Monitors and evaluates quality of care in collaboration with Hospice leaders and other clinical staff members. Promotes a customer focus. Monitors event reports to identify employee and/or patient safety risks and initiates action. Collects and analyzes after hour service issues and communicate trends to the Director of Compliance and Performance Improvement.
* Assures compliance with federal, state, accrediting body guidelines and standards for outpatient care. Complies with applicable licensing body rules and regulations.
Participates on select committees for the purpose of providing input and communicating needs/problems to/from committee to the team. Functions as an educational and marketing resource for the agency within Mercy Health and in the community.
* Serves as a clinical advisor to clinical personnel. Evaluates plan of care and application of hospice philosophy to patient care. Assists interdisciplinary team in establishing plan of care, including appropriate level of care designation as defined by Medicare Conditions of Participation. Supports ethical, cultural, psychosocial and religious beliefs and values of the patient and significant other when planning care.
* Assists the hospice manager in the development and planning for after scheduling/assignments. Plays an integral role in orientation and development of new employee orientation to after hours. Performs supervisory visits as requested. Assists in the development of standards of performance, evaluates performance, and initiates or makes recommendations on personnel issues.
* Performs other duties as assigned. Patient Population
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
Neonates (0-4 weeks)
Adolescents (13-17 years)
Infant (1-12 months)
Adults (18-64 years).
Pediatrics (1-12 years)
Geriatrics (65 years and older)
Not applicable to this position. Education Qualifications
Required Minimum Education:
2 Year/ Associates Degree
4 year/ Bachelors Degree
Nursing or attainable within 2 years of appointment. Licensing/ Certification
Current Ohio RN license
Possesses current CPR certification and a valid driver's license and is insured in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements. Minimum Qualifications
* Minimum of two years of professional nursing experience in which potential leadership has been demonstrated.
* Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesRequired:
Computer literacy with knowledge related to electronic medical records.
* Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesPreferred:
Previous hospice experience is preferred. Combination of post-secondary education and experience in lieu of a degree.
This section addresses the physical environment in which the employee will perform the work.
Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
Long-distance or air travel as needed- not to exceed 10% travel.
General office environment.
May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
May be exposed to physical altercations and verbal abuse.
May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids. *
May be required to use physical restraints.
May be exposed to human blood and other potentially infectious materials. *
May be exposed to adverse weather conditions; cold, hot, dust, wind, etc.
May have periods of constant interruptions.
Required to car travel to off-site locations, occasionally in adverse weather conditions.
Prolonged periods of working alone.
Other: Must be available to work various hours.* Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
VI.Physical RequirementsPhysical Demands
Lifting/ Carrying (0-50 lbs.)
Lifting/ Carrying (50-100 lbs.)
Push/ Pull (0-50 lbs.)
Push/ Pull (50-100 lbs.)
VII.Additional Physical Requirements/ HazardsPhysical RequirementsHazards
Select if a physical requirement for this job.
Select if a potential hazard for this job.
Manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination)
Perform shift work
Use of Latex Gloves
Maneuver weight of patients
Exposure to toxic/caustic/chemicals/detergents
Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder
Exposure to moving mechanical parts
Reach above shoulder
Exposure to dust/fumes
Repetitive arm/hand movements
Exposure to potential electrical shock
Exposure to x ray/electromagnetic energy
Exposure to high pitched noises
Acuity - far
Gaseous risk exposure
Acuity - near
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Hospice Care - Hospice of the Valley - Outpatient All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com