Security - WestShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthBASIC PURPOSE:
The Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of patients, residents, visitors, associates, and the healthcare facility environment and property. Routine duties will be performed as outlined in the department policy and procedure manual. Additional duties may be expected as called upon by the Manager, Team Leader of Protective Services or the Clinical Administrator. JOB DUTIES:Mission:
Incorporates the Core Values and Success Factors that support theMission, Vision and Philosophy of Mercy Regional Health System - Greater CincinnatiSafety:
Follows MercyWest Hospitalpolicies and maintains high standards of safe work performance.Attendance:
Maintains a good attendance record as set forth in MHP-GCR policies.Punctuality:
Reports to work when the scheduled shift begins.Position:
Completes assigned, yet random, patrols of the interior and exterior areas of the Acute Care Facility campus.Lock and unlocks doors at designated times.Reports occurrences in daily shift report. Lists unusual circumstances in detail. Completes a Security Incident Report when required by policy.Reports fire and safety hazards. Participates in facility emergency plans.Conducts monthly fire drillsAids in the control of visitors and patients/residents, instructing them on facility rules. Assists lost persons with directions when needed.Participates in leadership role in all Code Green's.Assists stranded motorists with minor automobile (locked keys, dead batteries, etc.)Assists patients/residents and visitors with lost and found items or those needing valuables secured in the safe.Assists Funeral Homes picking up bodies.Serves as first responder to fire alarm drops and chemical releases.Assists with landing and takeoff of air ambulance services.Other duties as required by the Team Leader, Director, or Vice President for Operations. EDUCATION, SPECIALIZED AND/OR TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma, GED, or current enrollment in a Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement program with continued progress towards completion. State Private Police or IAHSS certification preferred.
The following training is required within the first year of employment, along with an annual refresher; Hazardous Material Awareness & Operations Level training
Non Violence Crisis Intervention training
Hands on Fire Extinguisher training
Additional Safety or Security related training as regulatory status or JCAHO standards change.
Previous Hospital Security experiences preferred. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical Requirements- Must be able to walk or stand for long periods of time. Job involves climbing of stairs, and occasional running. Must be able to lift at least 60 pounds, and physically able to deal with combative persons, if needed. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle, snowplow, and a two-way radio.
- Mental Requirements- Must be able to write reports in a clear concise manner. Must be able to learn and pass required safety education training as required. Must be diplomatic in handling crisis situations.
- Working Conditions- Can involve stressful confrontations with patients or visitors. Security Services are provided on all shifts. May be needed to help outdoors in times of inclement weather. Must be customer relation oriented, observe an extreme sense of confidentiality.
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Security - West All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com