Operating Room - St. Elizabeth BoardmanShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSummary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position (2-3 sentences)
Facilitates the operative or other invasive procedure by preparing and providing the required sterile instruments, supplies and equipment. Maintains the sterile field and anticipates and responds to the needs of the surgical team. Essential Job Functions
Employment QualificationsEducation Qualifications
- Functions as the scrub person during operative and other invasive procedures by: assembling supplies and equipment required for the procedure. Preparing and organizing sterile supplies and instrument for the procedure. Performing surgical counts with the circulating RN according to policy. Assisting with placement of sterile drapes. Provides instruments and supplies to the surgical team during the procedure. Maintains an organized sterile field and ensures the sterility of the field by taking corrective action as needed. Maintains aseptic technique. Retrieves and collects specimens and labels those specimens appropriately and correctly.
- Provides complete case preparation and has knowledge of special instruments, supplies, and equipment needs to the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Demonstrates knowledge of patients' rights and responsibilities according to the patients age and understanding. Demonstrates understanding of patients Advance Directives.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for processing and transport them to the decontamination area. Holding room. Assists with post procedure cleaning of the operative or invasive procedure room and preparation of room subsequent patients.
- Displays and promotes teamwork. Demonstrates flexibility regarding unit/area staffing and scheduling needs. Maintains personal grooming and attire consistent with policy. Pursues professional development and personal development. Participates in ongoing educational and competency verification activities.
- Promotes cost containment efforts and performance improvement initiatives. Participates in financial accountability by utilizing resources in a cost-conscious manner. Participates in all patient safety care measures.
-List theminimumeducation, training, and experience required to perform the essential functions of the position.Required Minimum Education:
Vocational/ Technical DegreeSpecialty/Major:
Graduate of an accredited surgical technology training program or equivalent experience Preferred Education:
2 Year/ Associates DegreeSpecialty/Major:Licensing/ Certification
-If registration, certification or licensure is required, include the name of the accrediting or licensing body.Licensure/Certification Required:
Certified Surgical Tech (CST); BLSLicensure/Certification Preferred:Minimum QualificationsMinimum Years and Type of Experience:
Up to a minimum of one year perioperative experience preferred.Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesRequired:
Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word,)Other Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesPreferred: Combination of post-secondary education and experience in lieu of a degree.On Call with30 minutes response time requiredWeekends and Holidays
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Operating Room - St. Elizabeth Boardman All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting ID: 552791031Posted: 2020-05-21