Food and Nutrition - St. JosephShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
- This is a bargaining unitposition.The notice will include the job
description and duties, shift(s), department or unit(s), if it is a bargaining unit job, and authorized
hours specific to the position(s) being posted.
- JOB SUMMARY
Prepares, seasons and cooks meat, fish and poultry entrees for patients, employees, visitors and special functions. Gives full attention to quality of all food preparation. Is empowered to solve any problems associated with the food production area. Anticipates patient needs and strives to accommodate any special needs.
- Coordinates work with others.Conveys detailed, routine information.Provides written responses in standard format to others knowledgeable about subject.Requires listening skills to maintain cooperative associates.
- Prepares and cooks entrees, vegetables, starches, soups, etc., needed for cafeteria. Prepares quality food in taste, appearance, temperature, aroma, and texture in specified quantities according to standard procedures and standardized recipes. Prepares food items according to forecast sheets and proper cooking techniques. Cleans, prepares any items which are listed on assignment sheets for patient and non-patient meals.
- Able to recognize productrequirements/variationsin order to adjust accordingly and informs the appropriate person(s) of the adjustments. Condenses, wraps, labels, dates and stores unused foods appropriately after each meal service. Obtains necessary supplies as needed for the work assignments.
- Sets up hot counters at all meals for Nutrition Service workers and Cafeteria workers. Supplies hot and cold food throughout all meal services to Nutrition Service workers and Cafeteria workers.
- Serves on patient tray line as designated byposition/assignments.Performs duties of the nourishment worker as requested. Trains new employees as requested by supervisors.
- Prepares all special menu write-ins for patients according to list established by Nutrition Service Office. Prepares food items for late trays after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Prepares and packages bulk food deliveries for various ancillary site locations as assigned. Prepares food items for catering events.
- Operates kitchen equipment used in work assignments according to proper equipment procedures. Promptly reports any equipment malfunctions to the supervisor. Cleans equipment and work area(s) in a sanitary manner during daily activities and completes special cleaning tasks as assigned. Follows sanitation and safety techniques for food handlers at all times.
- Delivers on our Promise by always demonstrating excellent patient experience behaviors.Always conveys compassion and respect for the patient/customer and co-worker.Consistently delivers the best service experience utilizing the 5 Foot/10 Foot rule, Messages of Caring Out Loud, AIDET, iCare, and other Mercy Health customer experience tools and behaviors.(Note:Failure to perform satisfactorily in this essential function will block incumbent from a satisfactory performance evaluation rating.)
Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
1 to 3 years experience in appropriate entre cooking. Previous customer service experience required. Required to pass quality cooking test and HACCP test of food handling.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Food and Nutrition - St. Joseph All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 552791118Posted: 2020-05-21