Clinical Pastoral Education - St. VincentShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The ACPE Certified Educator provides professional Clinical Pastoral Education and supervision to Spiritual care students (e.g. interns and residents) work with the department director in overseeing the CPE program and provides direct pastoral care ministry to patients, families, staff and The BSMH as a system. Essential Job Functions
Required Minimum Education:
- Provide creative and innovative programming for best meeting the needs of various student populations and the clinical pastoral ministry needs of each facility in the BSMH great Lakes region. Provide a structure for each CPE unit such as weekly group seminars and individual sessions; conducts mid and final evaluation for each student in the program.
- Facilitates the planning and implementation of each teaching unit of CPE in accordance with the standards for accreditation agencies, namely the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and/or the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE).
- In consultation with the department director, the educator recruits, schedules and supervises additional CPE programs for the BSMH system when needed. This includes online program. Oversees the admission process of students into the on-site and online CPE programs in consultation with the department director
- Establishes and facilitates Professional Education Advisory Groups for CPE. Provides leadership and service to the committee, especially in areas of accreditation/re-accreditation pf the CPE program, ongoing evaluation and development of the curriculum of the program, the financial solvency of the program and the overall operation of the program.
- Oversees funds collected for the CPE program from BSMH where student placements occur.
- Coordinates clinical placements in BSMH facilities. Maintains site specific handbooks. Makes site visits as needed and as required by ACPE Standards.
- Supervises the orientation and clinical work and growth of the CPE students in consultation with the department director, including scheduling, ongoing quality review of ministry performance, and assignments to clinical areas. Works collaboratively with staff chaplains providing mentoring to CPE students.
- Contributes to the ongoing professional development of pastoral care across the BSMH Northern Region and acts as a resource for the ongoing professional development of resident chaplains.
- Is a resource for developing CPE in the BSMH Great Lakes Region and for maintaining accreditation standards.
- Assists the department director in the preparation of the annual budget for CPE, and provides the finance department with requested data regarding Medicare reimbursement.
- Directs the marketing and advertising of the CPE program in consultation with the department director.
- May provide any of the essential functions of a chaplain including assisting with medical ethics concerns, acting as a liaison between hospital staff and patient/patient's family, providing any routine pastoral care documentation in medical and department records, participating in interdisciplinary planning functions, and being actively engaged in hospital committees or other related activities sponsored by the hospital.
- Provides religious services to patients, families, and staff as appropriate. This may include sacramental ministries, prayers, worship services, or other religious functions.
- Participates in departmental planning, implementation of mission goals and objectives, daily reports, and committee work.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mission and Core Values (Compassion, Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Sacredness of Life, Service) of BSMH.
- Initials and pursues one's own professional continuing education as well as maintaining certification in one's certifying agency both as a chaplain and as an ACPE Certified Educator.
- Commitment to live our values: Human Dignity-Compassion-Integrity-Stewardship-Service.
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the Corporate Responsibility Program, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and reporting to designated manager (or employer hotline) any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices.
- Embraces Standards of Behavior in order to provide and promote excellent customer service for both internal and external customers. Holds self and others accountable for behaviors that promote service excellence.
- Adheres to all standards and policies regarding safety/patient safety initiatives.
- Provides service to all age groups. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient service on assigned unit. Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with patients and families, department and hospital staff, external clergy, and the public, and is able to respond appropriately in sensitive situations.
- Is responsible for all other duties as assigned.
MDIV or graduate degree in Theology or related ministerial degreePreferred Education:
D. Min. Licensure/Certification Required:
ACPE Certified Educator or Associate
Board Certified Chaplain or eligible to be board certified by either the Association of Professional Chaplains, National Association of Catholic Chaplains, or Equivalent. Minimum Years and Type of Experience:
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Clinical Pastoral Education - St. Vincent All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com
Posting ID: 552791230Posted: 2020-05-21