Environmental Services - St. ElizabethShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
The mission of Mercy Health is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with emphasis on people who are poor and under-served. SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reports to the Environmental Services Manager. In accordance with established Policies and Procedures, performs preventative cleaning procedures necessary to maintain the facility in an orderly, sanitary and attractive condition. Responsible for the safe pick up and transport of all infectious, solid and recyclable waste from holding areas to the incinerator, compactor or storage areas. Transports clean and soiled linen. Visibly supports the mission and vision of St. Elizabeth Health Center. QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION
A level of knowledge to provide the skills necessary to read and understand signs, warning notices and work instructions and to write to complete necessary work forms. EXPERIENCE:
The ability to follow oral instructions. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Physical ability to withstand frequent or prolonged lifting, standing, pushing, pulling and walking; physical ability tooperatevarious pieces of equipment such as mop wringers, floor equipment, etc.; mental ability to operate under potentially stressful or emergency situations; judgment in order to assess potentially unsafe situations; courtesy in dealing with patients, visitors and staff.
- Ability to exercise proper dilution ratios of chemicals and recommend cost savings in supply usage.
- The degree to which judgment and analysis must be exercised in planning, investigating issues, and evaluating alternative solutions to the challenges posed by the job. Deals with the nature of the decisions, the variety of problems, and how decisions are made in context of the typical requirements of the job.
- The potential impact of actions on results of Humility of Mary Health Partners and the job's accountability for achieving results
- The nature and frequency of interpersonal human relations skills required by the job. The extent to which the job requires cooperation and tact in meeting or influencing others by phone, correspondence, or personal contact.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Note: May be required to perform any/all of the following duties as assigned:
A.Patient and Guest Relations
1. Adheres to all Hospital and Departmental standards for Patient and Guest Relations.
2. Promotes a positive image of St. Elizabeth's Health Center at all times.
1. Transports hazardous waste in a safe manner from the point of origin to approved holding
2. Transports solid and recyclable waste in a safe manner from point of origin to approved
C.Patient Area Cleaning
Provides preventative cleaning service for occupied patient areas according to the Ten Step Interactive Cleaning Procedure. Performs discharge cleaning of patient areas according to the Interactive Discharge
Cleaning Procedure and AM Freshening Procedure.
3. Performs Occupied Patient Room Cleaning according to the InteractiveTurndown
4. Cleans, disinfects, and makes beds, cribs and isolettes.
D.Special Patient Area Cleaning
1. Provides cleaning service to the OR, ED, NICU, Labor and Delivery and other special or
critical patient areas both inpatient and outpatient.
2. Performs isolation cleaning procedures.
3. Performs between case, terminal and cycle cleaning procedures.
4. Cleans delicate patient equipment and monitors.
E.Public Area, Support Area Cleaning
1. Provides cleaning service for restrooms, elevators, stairwells, lobbies, waiting areas and
other support or ancillary areas.
2. Performs preventative cleaning for hard surface and carpeted areas according to the
Interactive Burnishing Four Step Procedure.
1. Delivers clean linen to approved holding areas.
2. Transports soiled linen to holding areas and from holding areas to soiled dock.
1. Transports and relocates furniture, beds, boxes and other equipment.
2. Cleans wheelchairs, stretchers, IV poles, refrigerators and other general equipment.
3. Maintains equipment and work areas.
4. Responds to floods and other emergency requests.
5. Observes, notes and reports potential safety issues or facility improvement requeststo
the Engineering and Maintenance Department.
6. May perform infrequent patient transport duties on the night shift if required. The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Environmental Services - St. Elizabeth All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com