DME - Youngstown Home Care/DME/HospiceShift
Part-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthMISSION
The mission of Humility of Mary Health Partners is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with emphasis on people who are poor and under-served. SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily customer service related functions related functions to ensure delivery of services to customers. They will work collaboratively with different disciplines throughout the health care center to deliver high quality DME services. Cares for all age groups-birth and above.Facilitates delivery of supplies/equipment through appropriate scheduling registration of patients, telephone communication and data entry.
Ensures appropriate flow of information related to customer service including but not limited to scheduling, greeting, and registration of patients, telephone communications and data
Computer skills are necessary
Experience with customer service a plus
One-year certificate or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training in a medical office environment, or equivalent combination or education and experience.
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm
This position will participate in the weekend and holidayon call rotation.
This position will also travel throughout the market hospitals to plan discharges. EXPERIENCE:
Experience with customer service a plus KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge and skill required performing the job responsibilities for both technical and dimensional content.
* Has broad, fairly detailed level of knowledge of a specific area.
* Gathers, organizes, verifies, composes, and/or analyzes data in the completion of several defined, multi-tasked procedures.
* Produces final output within established standards.
The degree to which judgment and analysis must be exercised in planning, investigating issues and evaluating alternative solutions to the challenges posed by the job. Deals with the nature of the decisions, the variety of problems, and how decisions are made in context of the typical requirements of the job.
* Makes decisions by reviewing defined alternatives.
* Receives assistance from standard procedures, co-workers, and/or managers. T
he potential impact of actions on results of Humility of Mary Health Partners and the job's accountability for achieving results.
* Impacts multiple work areas on a day-to-day basis.
* Provides information regularly to decision-making process.
* Has little or no responsibility for committing resources (financial or staff) in work area (s), but performs analyses and makes recommendations.
The nature and frequency of interpersonal human relations skills required by the job. The extent to which the job requires cooperation and tact in meeting or influencing others by phone, correspondence, or personal contact.
* Provides team leadership by assisting and training others.
* Responds to non-routine and detailed inquires from others who may not be knowledgeable in subject area.
* Requires understanding others expectations/perspectives to collaborate and reach concensus on solutions. PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1) Facilitates delivery of supplies/equipment through appropriate scheduling registration of patients, telephone communication and data entry.
2) Ensures appropriate flow of information related to customer service including but not limited to scheduling, greeting, and registration of patients, telephone communications and data entry.
3) Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
4) Maintains calm under stressful situations.
5) Able to solve problems when faced with multiple demands for complex situations.
6) Maintains knowledge of products and services available through department and is able to communicate the information to customers.
7) Assemble, distribute, and file medical records appropriately.
8) Complies and assists with the maintenance of all office equipment.
9) Protects confidentiality of information.
10) Facilitates delivery of equipment when necessary.
11) Facilitates maintenance of equipment when necessary.
12) Recognizes the role of Customer Service Liaison in and outside the HM DME department.
13) Attends required staff meetings and inservices.
14) Participates in the orientation and education of new employees.
15) Maintains competencies.
16) Monthly on-call rotation.
17) Maintains the office in a clean, organized and safe place to work.
18) Performs other duties as assigned including but not limited to: Entry of store referrals, completion of crutch forms and CPM billing.
19) Has the ability to commute between facilities to provide coverage for PTO, LOA and vacancies. The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.WORKING CONDITIONS:CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Non-Patient Care Staff (0-20 lbs.) - Physical Demands
Occasional - 1 to 33% of workday
Frequent - 34 - 66% of workday
Constant - 67 - 100% of workday
Not at all - 0% of workdayOccasional
Sitting, Unilateral Vertical Reach 36-72", lift 0-20#, 6-36" from floor; lift 0-20#, 36-48" from floor; climbing stairs; operating machines (2 hand(s)).Frequent
Unilateral Horizontal Reach 0-18"; push/pull 100', 19ft.lbs.Constant
Standing, walking: 2.3 mph, 0 incline; bilateral fine motor manipulation; functional near, far, color vision aided or unaided; functional hearing aid or unaided; functional verbal communication skills; working overtime as assigned to meet operational/patient care demands.Not at All
Hold 200# patient sidelying while doing procedure x 2 min; roll 200# patient away/toward self; transfer 105# person chair-chair 5x/hr. with gait belt; bed-cart transfer with 200# person and assist of one with sheet; lift 0- ___# 6-36" from floor; lift 0- ___# 6-72" from floor; climbing ladders, working from heights, crawling, kneeling, running, operating machines: (2 foot/feet).
Category II Job Classification - HMHP employees who have jobs with tasks that rarely involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues and have no contact with used sharps.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
DME - Youngstown Home Care/DME/Hospice All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com