SS I&T - EHR OperationsShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career atBon Secours Mercy Health!
Application Coordinators are responsible for achieving in-depth knowledge of the software application and are very knowledgeable about the policies, procedures, and business operations. They conduct regular day-to-day communication with installation team, review the software, analyze business operations, and work with vendor, Subject Matter Experts and end users to tailor the system to fit your organization's needs. On an as needed basis, they perform in-depth analyses of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of software application. In addition, this position will focus on revenue cycle operations within the healthcare environment. POSITION CRITERIA:
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Business or Healthcare related field.
- Experience: Three years experience in a healthcare related organization or five years in a non-healthcare related organization.
- Possesses an understanding of information systems, policies and procedures, including application support, operating systems, databases and other IT areas.
- Revenue cycle management experience within the ambulatory care setting preferred. * Ability to research, organizes, analyzes and synthesizes data to support effective decision making.
- Ability to use all necessary computer software efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player and work with people of all backgrounds and at all levels.
- Ability to take initiative, use sound judgment, make independent decisions, and work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel to BSMH regions as necessary. Must recognize problems, evaluate them and refer to the appropriate channels for action.
- Basic project management skills (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues list, manage project plan).
- Understanding the registration and charge capture process to ensure proper claims submission and reduction of coding denials.
- Understanding claim submission interface with clearinghouse vendor.
- Understanding electronic remittance processing interface with vendor.
- Establishing change control procedures for the system.
- Populating databases for which they are the owner during the initial system build, with assistance from vendor staff.
- Understanding general ledger interface between EPIC and regional financial software.
- Troubleshooting problems or questions from users.
- Prioritizing and implementing changes requested for the system.
- Coordinating software updates and changes with users.
- Thoroughly reviewing and testing each new release and communicating needed changes to vendor before users are permitted to access the new release.
- Working with users on the sharing of data, category lists, etc.
- Setting standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications.
- Understanding choices in application specifications. * Investigating the preferred choices of the users.
- Analyzing data conversion needs.
- Preparing details of specifications as needed.
- Developing and documenting internal procedures.
- Aiding trainers during user training.
- Collecting information regarding potential system enhancement needs.
- Maintaining rules for how each new version is released.
- Analyzing new functionality in new releases to determine whether or how it should be used.
- If interfaces and conversions will be critical in the implementation, the Application Coordinator will need to ensure that data interfacing into their respective applications meets business needs - both for ongoing interfaces and one-time data conversions.
Bon SecoursMercyHealthis an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
40 Work Shift:
SS I&T - EHR Operations All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting ID: 552791310Posted: 2020-05-21