Emergency Department - St. Rita'sShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthSummary
An E.D. Tech II is a caregiver who is able to provide patient care and perform certain technical skills under the direct supervision of
the physician, shift supervisor or PCC. He/she is able to obtain data and evaluate care needed, and provide appropriate
documentation relative to patient condition and care given. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with data collection and observation on a systematic and continuous basis through interview, review of records and physical assessment on newborn, infant, child, adolescent, adult or geriatric patients as appropriate to include physical, psychosocial, cultural, environmental, self care, educational, and discharge planning needs. Reports findings to RN, physician as appropriate.
- Is able to identify patient care needs and implement appropriate action under the direction of an RN or physician. Contributes to the plan of care in a safe, knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner with input from the patient/family and other
- members of the health care team. Recognizes and reports significant changes in the patient's condition to the RN/physician.
- Adheres to the safety policies and procedures of the organization. Recognizes and reports potential safety issues.
- Demonstrates ability to use biomedical equipment properly.
- Identifies patient/family individualized learning needs and capabilities.
- Maintains confidentiality and actively supports patient/family rights.
- Supports and contributes to organizational cost savings initiatives.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Participates in unit/divisional professional clinical practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned; Practices Mercy Core Values - EXCELLENCE, HUMAN DIGNITY, JUSTICE, MERCY,
- SACREDNESS OF LIFE and SERVICES.
Intermediate Emergency Medical Technician Certificate, Paramedic Certificate, or LPN license in State of Ohio
BLS from American Heart Association. Analytical Skills
The work requires the ability to analyze and solve problems requiring the use of clinical or technical principles. Examples include
performing multi-step procedures/tests and recognizing changes in patients condition.Decision Making
Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Work is generally performed according to existing procedures and instructions.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally
required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Emergency Department - St. Rita's All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for
Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky; Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia,which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email@example.com.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team firstname.lastname@example.org