Med/Surg Unit - Jewish - 6 SouthShift
Full-time Thank you for considering a career at Mercy HealthJOB SUMMARY:
Delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process through data collection and assessment, identifies and determines the priority of patient's problems/needs, and evaluates the process and outcome of nursing care; coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching activities and coordinates the care provided by health team membersESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
MINIMUM EDUCATION:Required Minimum Education:
- In collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team, conducts initial and ongoing patient assessment, analyzes assessment data, creates a plan of care, implements treatment and evaluates treatment effectiveness; administers medications in a safe manner consistent with the State of Ohio Nursing Practice Act and Mercy Health policies and procedures; serves as point of contact for patients' care coordination throughout hospital departments.
- Acts as a patient safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in the department.
- Incorporates the professional practice model into care delivery.
2 year / Associates DegreePreferred:
4 year / Bachelor's DegreeLICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS (MUST NOT BE NON-EXPIRED/ACTIVE UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED)
Current nursing license in the State of Ohio
Required Certifications by Nursing Department:
Emergency Department- BLS/ACLS/PALS or per RN Residency plan
Med Surg/Telemetry: BLS required, ACLS encouraged
STEP DOWN: BLS required; ACLS required with 6 months of hire or per RN Residency plan
ICU/CVU: BLS and ACLS required or per RN Residency plan
Family Birth: BLS and NRP required: NCCc-EFM within 18 months of hire required
Perioperative: BLS required
Cath Lab: BLS and ACLS required
Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab: BLS and ACLS required
PACU: BLS, ACLS and PALS required or per RN Residency plan
MercyHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
We'll also reward your hard work with:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
Med/Surg Unit - Jewish - 6 South All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health - Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Ashland, Kentucky, which is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please firstname.lastname@example.org.If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team email@example.com