At Niagara, we're looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members.
Sr. Maintenance Technician
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic is a subject matter expert with specialization in, Dry-End packaging, or Automation. Responsible for maintaining the uptime of their focused machine center at World Class standards, he/she will develop and implement best practices aligned with Niagara's maintenance strategies. Through the use of preventative and predictive maintenance processes, the Senior Maintenance Mechanic will champion the continuous improvement efforts of their designated area of focus.
Are you a Palletizer specialist working in a fast paced manufacturing environment? We want to talk to you! Allow us to introduce ourselves:
We know that individuals with your skill sets are in high demand, so why should you choose Niagara? We are a family-owned and operated leading beverage manufacturer in the United States with the fastest production lines in the world. We're growing rapidly both across the nation and internationally, providing vast opportunities for career advancement. As a vertically integrated bottling company, we make our own caps and bottles and use the most advanced technology. We produce a variety of products including purified water, sparkling water, vitamin-enhanced waters, and sport drinks. While innovation is the key to our success, our tradition of high quality, value-priced bottled water will never change.
Niagara is a high-performing, entrepreneurial company with focus on safety and continuous improvement. We use advanced, state-of-the art technologies to accomplish our mission of sustainability and responsibly providing quality water to our reputable and internationally recognized customers. Across our maintenance teams, we invest in our equipment and our people, equipping and empowering you and your colleagues to make decisions that drive our continued success. What we offer:
- An encouraging and supportive culture where your career growth and development is prioritized
- The ability for you to make a tangible impact in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Collaboration with other life-long learners who share your curiosity and desire for constant improvement
- Competitive pay and benefits that include: medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance, retirement savings, and of course... refreshing water
Minimize equipment downtime by repairing day to day breakdowns on a variety of manufacturing production equipment with specialization in areas of palletizers. Detailed DescriptionWhat you would be doing as a Senior Maintenance Technician- Palletizer:
Profile of our Senior Maintenance Technician - Filler/Labeler:
- Train and lead operators, mechanics and supervisors on technical procedures related to high speed bottle manufacturing and packaging.
- Work directly with management to develop as well as execute projects involving continuous improvement, upgrades, and the resolution of reoccurring problems
- Adhere to and enforce highest standards in safety and GMP's plant-wide
- Rapid identification of machine problems to minimize equipment downtime with root cause analysis conducted to prevent reoccurrence.
- Partnered problem solving with other Senior Maintenance Mechanics for cross-functional problems.
- Use of available software systems to analyze and identify issues to drive throughput performance.
- Define requirements and lead overhaul efforts to rebuild equipment to like new status during planned downtime.
- Bottling Production Lines Technology - transfer of knowledge for other Niagara team members to develop operating and troubleshooting procedures in the following areas of specialization:
- Blow Molding, inclusive of PET processing, machine setup, mold changes, and quality inspection systems.
- Filling/Capping, product/beverage processing methods, cap feeding systems with light closures, vision inspections systems and laser date coders, quality/sanitation standards and conveying systems
- Labeling technology, roll fed and/or cut and stack, machine setup, hot melt gluing systems and conveying systems
- Dry end packaging, including case packers, case conveyors, conventional and robotic palletizers, stretch wrappers. Machine setup required for all pack size changes.
- Common OEM's of aforementioned production equipment: Krones, Sidel, KHS, Sacmi, Tech Long
- Injection Technology - transfer knowledge to Niagara personnel to help develop operating and troubleshooting procedures with the following:
- Husky Injection molding machines consisting of hydraulic, pneumatic and electro-mechanical systems
- Auxiliary systems including resin handling/blending, resin drying, dehumidification, vision inspection, conveying and cooling systems.
- Mold systems, internal hot runner and cold half maintenance, identification of component wear and troubleshooting through detailed inspection of produced products
- Plastic processing at high speeds while maintaining tight part tolerances and acceptable levels of Acetaldehyde (AA).
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential function of the job, and being available on call may be a requirement.
- Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
- 5 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment performing advanced repair functions on mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- 1 year of experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook documenting and communicating workflow processes.
- 2 years of experience documenting maintenance activities through a work order system.
- High school diploma or GED
- Skilled in the communication of issue and resolution to the non-specialist.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics: electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Skilled in the use of shop equipment such as Hydraulic and Mechanical presses, mill and lathe.
- Skilled in the use of precision measuring equipment such as Calipers, Dial Indicators and Depth Gauges.
- 4 years of experience working with Sidel, Krones or Husky machines.
- 2 years of experience creating process improvements or continuous improvement initiatives.
- 1 year of experience leading and developing others on the functionality and repair of equipment.
Life at Niagara:
- Skilled in fabrication capabilities such as cutting and welding (Mig, Tig and Stick).
- Skilled working with electrical systems including 480VAC & 24VDC power.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics: process and instrumentation diagrams.
- Skilled in the repair of variable frequency drives, servomotors and controllers, communication systems (asi-bus, can-bus, profi- bus, ethernet), PLC input/output cards, and safety modules.
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic - Filler/Labeler embodies the values of Niagara's LIFE competency model, especially focusing in the following key drivers of success:
If this sounds like you, or you are interested in learning more about life at Niagara, please apply and we'll connect with you soon. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a rsum into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's rsum will become the property of Niagara Bottling, LLC. Niagara Bottling, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Niagara Bottling, LLC and have been engaged on a search shall submit rsum to the designated Niagara Bottling, LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit rsum into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
- Lead Like an Owner: Do you thrive in overcoming obstacles and with a sense of urgency in achieving objectives?
- InnovACT: Love making recommendations to continually improve policies, methods, procedures and/or products?
- Find a way: Like to develop technical knowledge through learning from other experts?
- Empowered to be great: Enjoy communicating effectively to resolve issues, teach others, and make improvements?