Maintenance Mechanic - Electrical Controls KBR Government Solutions
delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR's areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity. Job Description:
The CNC Maintenance Technician's primary responsibility is troubleshooting CNC equipment and ensuring Preventative Maintenance (PM) procedures are completed. The technician will also support the documentation of PM completion records and procedures. Additionally, the qualified candidate will:
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Repair CNC Machinery, Manual Machine and Machining Centers
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain machine tool equipment and controls
- Troubleshoot hydraulics, electronics, and software, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems
- Use machine tool manuals, technical documents, and internal and vendor resources to research machine issues
- Identify and replace parts as necessary
- Complete testing and adjust of parts as needed
- Coordinate with external suppliers and maintenance companies to ensure timely and accurate completion of work
- Work based on a sense of urgency with machine down conditions
- In conjunction with production team, will support continuous improvement of development of PM instructions and schedules to prevent failures
- General facilities maintenance
1+ years of experience with Fanuc and/or Siemens CNC controls preferred.
1+ years of experience with PLC troubleshooting and repair preferred.
Ability to read part manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions and troubleshooting guides.
Experience with FANUC, Siemens and OEM controls preferred.
Demonstrated high degree of industrial mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical aptitude and repair abilities.
Advanced knowledge of CNC machine design and operation.
Advanced knowledge of and experience with electrical test equipment, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems Additional Requirements:
High School Diploma.
Skilled Trade Certification, preferred
Must be able to work all required shift hours, overtime and weekends, as needed.
Ability to lift moderate to heavy items
Ability with lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
Ability to work while standing on lifts and ladders.
Ability to multitask job duties effectively and efficiently.
Ability to work with minimal supervision KBR
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.Scheduled Weekly Hours: