SPR: Site Operations (Contingency Hire) GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Part-time engineering consulting for U.S. Department of Energy Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) Management and Operations (M&O) contract. SPR consists of four Gulf Coast in-ground crude oil storage locations (two in Louisiana and two in Texas) offering the U.S. a first line of defense in the event of crude oil disruptions due to natural or manmade events.
The site operations manager must possess:
Specific SPR knowledge of various SPR site activity including pumping, storage, facility operation and maintenance, vehicle operations, warehousing/supply, and or SCADA systems. Directly applicable SPR site operations experience overseeing in-ground or above-ground systems. Historic knowledge of unique SPR engineering, construction, and/or equipment operations and maintenance. Knowledge of DOE OSHA and VPP safety reporting practices. Knowledge of specific equipment and tools used at SPR to guarantee safety work activity.
Experience in overseeing dispersed operations to maximize safety across all four sites. EDUCATION
- High school certificate but bachelor's degree desirable in engineering, construction management, or related discipline
- Continuing education in engineering, petrochemical business operations, management, or accounting
- 5-years' directly applicable experience working one of SPR sites.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with documented supervisory experience.
- Well-organized, results-oriented, energetic, team player with proven decision making ability.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- PE highly desirable, but not needed
- OSHA safety training.
- Petroleum industry engineering certificates.
Posting ID: 552791459Posted: 2020-05-21