SPR: Business Manager (Contingency Hire) GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Part-time engineering consulting for U.S. Department of Energy Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) Management and Operations (M&O) contract. SPR consists of four Gulf Coast in-ground crude oil storage locations (two in Louisiana and two in Texas) offering the U.S. a first line of defense in the event of crude oil disruptions due to natural or manmade events.
The business manager must possess:
Specific SPR knowledge of various SPR business, accounting, financial elements including staffing, procurement, budgeting, award fee determinations, and invoicing. Report writing capability for submittals to M&O contract and DOE. Directly applicable SPR business operations at four major sites. Historic knowledge of unique SPR business functions.
Knowledge of DOE OSHA and VPP safety reporting practices. EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, management, engineering, or related discipline
- Continuing education in business, finance, engineering, or petrochemical business operations
- 3-years' directly applicable experience working on SPR M&O contract.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with documented supervisory experience.
- Well-organized, results-oriented, energetic, team player with proven decision making ability.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- PMP highly desirable, but not needed
- OSHA safety training
- Petroleum industry engineering certificates
Posting ID: 552791460Posted: 2020-05-21